276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Green Brothers Games | The Sock Game | Board Game | Ages 8+ | 2+ Players | 5-30 Minutes Playing Time

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Be warned, some of the pieces are easy to muddle up in the heat of the moment, and no one wants the gut wrenching disappointment of pulling out a dice when you thought you had a Lego brick. The Sock Game is an interactive speedy sensory family game where the idea is to find objects hidden in a sock, yes, I said sock (the kind you put on your feet), just by touch alone – no looking or peeking is allowed. Fun Family Game: The Sock Game is a fast-paced interactive family game that asks the question: What’s inside your sock?

It is a bit more difficult to play than you would expect, especially as there are rules in place so that it is not too easy. Attach the spinner to the board and place the board in the centre of the table where all players can reach it.If you find yourself getting too good at it or bored of the same playing pieces it would be very easy to expand on the game yourself by adding in your own playing pieces or switching up the rules, so you have to find multiple pieces at a time for example. The Sock Game quickly became a family tradition for them, a tradition which they felt compelled to share with the world. Brothers Jono and Nick Green are the designers behind The Sock Game, having played it with their Dad’s woolly socks growing up.

Fun Family Game: The Sock Game is a fast-paced interactive family game that asks the question: What's inside your sock?Whichever item the spinner lands on, one person from each team reached their hands into their sock and blindly tries to find the item as fast as they can. The only arguments my kids had were if there was a tie when they each pulled an item at the same time. It has a lot of little pieces so you have to be careful not to lose them or that no one puts it in their mouth if you have younger kids.

Many objects feel the same, so you do have to concentrate and be absolutely sure of the object you have found before pulling it out. Only pass the sock when you have found the correct object (even if the other team has already found the object and passed their sock on). If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page. Although it's only a 2 player game (besides playing teams) just watching and waiting to play the winner is fun!Each player then thrusts their hand into the sock, letting their fingers do the “seeing” to try and find the specified object – but be warned some objects do feel very similar so choose wisely. Ideally you’ll have someone to do this who doesn’t have their hands primed and ready to dive into a sock, but if there really are only two of you then you can take turns. The box contains two long socks, two sets of 30 items, which get shoved into each sock, a dual spinner and score board, two scoring counters and instructions. It has been a great time with friends and family to play the sock game and we cant wait for the next family game night. Our mission is to produce engaging articles like reviews, tips and tricks, game rules, strategies, etc.

What I hadn’t accounted for was how sometimes the very simplest of concepts can be the most nerve wracking. Each sock has the same thirty small objects inside and all you have to do is be the first person to pull out the object chosen each round by the spinner, using just your sense of touch. My only complaint is that the neck of the socks were too small for my teenage son to reach into easily which handicapped his game play (much to his sister's delight!While we adults enjoyed playing it as part of our Game Night event, I think the fun for us was played out after a few turns fishing a mystery object out of the sock before the other team. We loved seeing how competitive our 6 and 7 year old got when it was time to play against one another. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. It was so fun to play and also really easy to add extra pieces because the game pieces were so random.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment