276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HDMI Switch 4k, HDMI Splitter Switch 5 In 1 Out HDMI Switcher with IR Remote Support 4K 60hz, 2K, 1080P, 3D, HDCP 2.2, UHD, HDR for PS 3/4, XBOX One/360, DVD Player, HDTV, Projector

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s a good option for sports bars and other businesses, as well as home enthusiasts, but if your needs are more modest, Orei also makes top-rated splitters in 1x4 and 1x2 configurations. One of the more common uses of an HDMI switcher is picture-in-picture, allowing you to watch two video sources simultaneously.

You do pay less, sure, but with so few inputs (on opposite sides again, grrr) and the lack of a remote, this switch is best for smaller systems and small budgets.A newer HDMI spec and more powerful internals that can support the full suite of modern resolutions and framerates will make this device much less specific to a particular set-up, and it will help futureproof it as more and more gamers transition to higher resolutions and framerates in time. This means the two HDMI ports on one side can serve as either Input or Output, and the same goes for the single HDMI port on the other side.

The thing is, though, with ReShade, you can choose from a huge list of effects, tweak their settings to an extremely fine degree, and get access through a convenient on-screen display to a ton of different performance metrics. The picture-in-picture (PiP) preview mode alone almost had us, but the switcher is held back by having only four inputs and no HDMI audio splitter. This ultra-compact switch needs no external power source and delivers 4K content at 30Hz with 12-bit color and supports most Dolby audio formats.The mClassic might output a 4K signal replete with anti-aliasing and upscaling, but the end-result is not at the level of a game actually being rendered at 4K, nor does it look as good as a game being rendered at 1080p and upscaled to 4K via a more advanced upscaling method like NVIDIA’s DLSS. Most HDMI switchers have three ports, which should be enough for most (as the TV itself – if it’s a modern one – will have two or three ports as well). The 2015 and 2017 models of the Nvidia Shield TV streaming box both used the same Tegra X1 chip, and output in 4K resolution and even HDR. Some video devices tend to “steal” the feed by sending signals even when they’re supposed to be idle. Sure, it may not help a device like the Switch, but it would make using this thing more realistic for other consoles.

I haven’t included them in the main list, as they’re more expensive and are pretty niche – but a recommended example is this Befen HDMI 2.The switcher must also support HDMI handshake requirements implemented via the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) or HDCP 2. Plus, for me, this works great, because Animal Crossing is a 1080p 30 FPS game with absolutely no anti-aliasing. When a 4K Switch releases, it might just release with an identical (or near-identical dock), requiring fewer alterations and therefore obstacles to proceed to a next-gen iteration. Splitters, and many switches, will be labeled in their name with the number of inputs and outputs, respectively, separated by an "x". HDCP " handshakes" are black magic that sometimes can only be resolved by dancing around an HDMI logo painted on your floor in unicorn tears.

There's also the possibility of a firmware update opening up some hidden capabilities, as we saw with Nintendo releasing Bluetooth headphones support– four whole years after the console first launched. He specializes in covering consumer tech, and in addition to Popular Mechanics, has written for such publications as Digital Trends, DealNews, and TechRadar. cable with the new Switch OLED consoles, shows that the dock itself should be capable of outputting 4K/60fps to a compatible television, even if the Switch hardware itself isn't. This sometimes applies to Switch, which does offer up some retro games, but this is pretty far from the average use case of the mClassic.

While there are many situations that require a splitter, they're not as common for the average consumer. While switching between three devices is enough for some – these days, needing to switch between 5 different HDMI devices isn’t that far-fetched. Plus, effects like anti-aliasing and upscaling are a lot less useful when working with more powerful hardware like PS4 or PS5, for example, so if you could change a game’s sharpness, colour palette, ambient occlusion, or anything like that, especially if you could have control over these values, that would make the mClassic a much more reasonable purchase for hardware that isn’t the low-powered Switch. Well, I got myself a 4K HDMI upscaler, the mClassic, courtesy of Marseille – and now my Animal Crossing island has never looked better, my flowers have never looked prettier, and my villagers look happier than ever. It’s a technology that encrypts the signal that comes out of your video device (Blu-ray, streaming stick, etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment