276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Indigo Ridge (The Edens)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Book 1 follows Winslow & Griffin after a one night stand on the first night Winslow moves to Quincy, Montana. Neither of them are looking for a relationship, but the two of them can’t stay away or keep their hands off each other. Not only is the romance of this book a favorite, I also live for suspense plots and mortal peril, which Devney does so well.

Overall Pace of Story: Good until the very end. I never skimmed and I thought it flowed well otherwise. babes...what chemistry? im convinced ur either delulu or the author doesn't know what chemistry is because i felt like this was a regular one-night stand with nothing even remotely interesting to make it something more. I'd get instantly dry. My aversion to cowboys aside.. Griffin actually won me over by the end of this, I just had to picture him in jeans and a normal t-shirt, remove the cowboy hat and boots and we were SETTLED, cause this man has got a mouth on him. Winslow moves into a small town, a town she’s heavily familiar with as her grandpa lives here and most of her childhood was spent here. She decided to move here in hopes of starting a fresh new life far from the one she had. She has the spot of chief officer waiting for her and has to duties to fulfill for the town as soon as she enters. But, it seems the hot cowboy she finds at the bar the first day she comes to town might just be exactly what she needs. Griffin Eden, the son of the Eden’s who are the wealthy family in charge of the property of this small town. but the writing style even without counting smut scenes was so ridiculous. i read adult book after all, why then it feels like i read a book about preteens also written about some preteen??Winslow was the type of heroine I enjoy. Tough when needed but not so hard core I couldn’t relate to her. She was carrying emotional scars that were, literally, a nightmare. My heart was broken by her struggle but once I learned the full story, I was horrified as well. I am honestly super impressed. I loved Devney's writing. Small town romance, double pov + investigative work. According to her pops, all she has to do is earn favor with the Edens. But winning over the town's founding family might have been easier if not for her one-night stand with their oldest son. In her defense, it was her first night in town and she didn't realize that the rugged and charming man who wooed her into bed was Quincy royalty. h (heroine) rating: 3.5 stars. Winslow. I appreciated how strong she was and how she wasn’t needy with Griffin. Heat level: Alright. They have some tension, chemistry, and scenes -- but not so much it takes away from the story.

but really, how i even supposed to read this book with a straight face with this writing style?? it’s not like it would be shameful to write a good book babes😞. I definitely think that that is the only reason I really liked this book because the romance alone would have not made this a complete story. The sex scenes were awesome, we get a happy ending, double male and female pov. Griffin is rough, but not cringy, he actually gets pretty romantic at the end and we get some pretty exciting plot twits and high-stake scenes. I liked the sidecharacters, especially Griffin´s siblings and Winn´s pops. The storyline was really sweet and I loved how the epilouge already teased Juniper Hill. I did listen to this on audible, and if you are an audible girl, I guarantee you... JASON'S VOICE FOR GRIFFING ruined me. Both narrators on this did such an amazing job. I believe half of my rating for this at this moment is because of how amazing the narration for this book was, of course the good writing also had a role in it.Griff is not one for entanglements of the heart himself. He's certainly not a relationship guy and he doesn't mess with the locals. So when he finds out that the beauty he shared one night with is the town's new chief of police, he's not exactly thrilled. He's also not entirely thrilled that she is doggedly investigating what is an apparent suicide in a long stream of suicides in the small town. Her focus was on settling down in a new place and building a positive relationship with the other officers. Therefore, I am rating Indigo Ridge with 4.5 STARS because I found it to be a very good start to a series that is looking amaaaaazing and I cannot wait to read whatever is next. I loved Griffin as a hero and Winn as a heroine, both strong and vulnerable with each other at the same time. This series has a great list of characters and I am sure every single one will get the story they deserve. Devney Perry is one of my go-to authors and I am sure she will be for a long time. I loved the start to this series and I am impatiently waiting for Knox’s story now!

Winslow Covington believes in life, liberty and the letter of the law. As Quincy, Montana's new chief of police, she's determined to prove herself to the community and show them she didn't earn her position because her grandfather is the mayor. Thirty year old Winslow Covington had worked ten years with the 'Bozeman Police Department' before becoming Montana’s new chief of police, and is related to the town’s mayor. OW (Other Woman)/OM (Other Man) drama: Yes An old ONS of the H comes around and causes some drama for the couple Sleeping with Griffin Eden was a huge mistake, one she's trying to forget. He's insufferable, arrogant and keeps reminding everyone that she's an outsider. Winslow does her best to avoid Griffin, but when a woman is found dead on Eden property, the two of them have no choice but to cross paths.so, the author positions this book like enemies to lovers and it’s not even nearly it. it’s just one-night stand to lover or something like that. but they had absolutely no banter or tension. winslow(h) and griffin(H) both are super boring people and i’m not interested in them or their lives at all. they literally have no personality atp and i won’t even remember their names a week later. there was even a line about their chemisty being “off the charts”.. they’re such clowns. Winslow Covington is the new chief of police in Quincy, Montana. On her first night in town she has a one night stand, with what they call “Quincy royalty” also know as Griffin Eden. don't even get me started on the fking creep named frank. i was honestly petrified every time he said "cutie" EW please don't. anyway, this was so anticlimactic. all the boring as shit build up up to literally 80% of the book, just for me to put it together before anything happens. so disappointing. This book was a mystery/romance. I went into it completely blind which was the best way to do it. I had no idea where this book was going the entire time and it made for the best experience. The twists and mysteries in this book were so so so good it had me not able to put the book down because I needed to know what was going to happen. I absolutely loved the muder mystery in this book, I was really invested and it got to a point where I was more invested in who the killer is than the romance of the book. Some questions were left unanswered for me, but maybe they will be solved in the second book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment