276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THAT SIK LUV

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From author Jescie Hall, comes this dark and demanding stalker romance that pushes all the boundaries of exploring sexuality while simultaneously exposing the harsh realities of organized religion. How is it that simply looking into another's eyes can bring you a type of nostalgia from a past you've never known, a terrifying comfort that doesn't feel earned yet? I feel at home with him in a way I've always tried to find before this. the plot had a LOT of potential, especially with the whole religious corruption aspect and the kind of character Aero was and how Briony offset him so starkly. the whole premise of the book offered SO MUCH yet, it fell short. As it reads, we should flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

This book has everything that once made me fall in love with reading romance. It has angst, tension, amazing chemistry between the characters, push and pull and a forbidden aspect. Add in a dash of forced proximity and you got yourself a recipe for absolute success. I actively dragged out reading the book because I just didn’t want it to end (and that never happens for me).Find a summary or guide: If you’re struggling to understand the plot or themes, try finding a summary or study guide to help clarify the story. Overall, reading is a valuable and enriching activity that can provide many benefits. Whether you read for pleasure, personal growth, or professional development, the time spent reading is never wasted.

Then you got the FMC, who comes off as a weakling. Accepting the behavior of the crazy MMC and doesn’t tell anyone about the little psycho. She’s a Christian, watched said man kill a boy she grew up with and doesn’t say a word. I was yelling while I was listening like “Girl, stand up for yourself my God”. This book blew my mind. This was my first step into Jescie Hall’s writing and it’s a place I never want to leave in my life. Aero is one very complicated male. He’s dangerous, possessive, obsessive and quite lethal. Even more, he’s dark, intense, mysterious and scheming. He’s also fiercely protective in his own unhinged way. And that filthy mouth… But Aero is so very broken because of everything that has happened in his life. Is he a walking red flag?! Yes, definitely. But there’s something in Aero that makes him so irresistible and unable to stay away. I really, really liked him. The best time to read a book depends on your personal schedule and preferences. Here are some suggestions: that said, Briony's character was beautiful. her growth and empowerment were written really well. i loved how she embraced herself and let go of all her inhibitions when she realised that she didn't need to conform to the church elders. also, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that she recognised that power abuse is real, even in apparently religious and 'holy' places, and decided to cut herself off from aspects of christianity that she did not believe in and yet, held onto her faith in a supreme power, despite Aero's non-believing.Now, I think this definitely has to be read and experienced! Jescie's books are so well-written and cohesive. I actually did not think that the Hawke and Cole cheating would end up well, but wait for the plot twists! I ate this book up and I will never regret it, you won't either! This book explores many dark topics. Please beware of the trigger warnings before reading. Your mental health matters. His comments to her about love and what it means, broke me. I cried in this book from what he had been through. How judgemental Cole is at the start. This annoyed me about her where you see her inner dialogue that she is extremely unfair to Cam based on her perception of his character. But he calls her out on her shit and once she realises she has been unfair, changes.

Aero knew from the moment he saw Bri, she would be his. He would break her and rebuild her in his image. She would worship at his feet, his sweet broken angel. He would save her from the very institution that she thought was her salvation. PGEgaHJlZj0iL2Fic3MvaW52aXRhdGlvbi1vbmx5LW1hc3RlcnMtYm95cy0xLTctdHJpY2stamV0dC1rYWRlbi1ncml0LXN0aXgtY29uLXNlY3JldHMtcGF0cmljaWEtbG9nYW4vIj5JbnZpdGF0aW9uIE9ubHkgLSBNYXN0ZXImIzgyMTc7cyBCb3lzIDEtNyAoVHJpY2ssIEpldHQsIEthZGVuLCBHcml0LCBTdGl4LCBDb24sIFNlY3JldHMpIC0gUGF0cmljaWEgTG9nYW48L2E+ The way he helps Briony find her voice? Pure poetry. The character growth here is off the charts. The revenge, the whole vigilante bit, sign me up. Every jaw-dropping revelation had me clutching the book, refusing to put it down till I had all the deets. Hawke. I love him so much. He deserves all the love in the world. I wanna hug him and make sure assure him that everything is going to be okay. Nicole, I’m not too fond of. I get where she was coming from, but her attitude towards Hawke in the beginning is inexcusable for me.I normally hate the cheating trope but for them I’ll make an exception lol. While this book is far from being good or perfection, I still enjoyed it! It was very entertaining and there was never a boring moment whatsoever! It felt like watching a reality tv show lmao. Yes, it is definitely worth it to read a book. Reading can provide many benefits, both practical and personal. This book contains heavy, and potentially triggering elements including, stalking, religious trauma, desecration of religious artifacts, cult-like settings, CNC, degradation, humiliation, voyeurism, exhibitionism, somnophilia, possessive behavior, graphic depictions of violence/murder, and explores various aggressive forms of sexual play and BDSM.

I loved this book so much, I love anything that makes you question that you’re enjoying something that seems wrong. I loved the forbidden romance kind of vibe about this book and the corruptness that’s exposed. One of the things that I really enjoyed about the novel is the way that the author explores the theme of control. Aero is a very controlling person, and he wants to control every aspect of Briony’s life. This control manifests itself in both physical and emotional ways, and it is one of the things that makes the relationship between Aero and Briony so toxic. Additionally, novels can offer insights into different cultures, historical periods, and social issues, providing an opportunity to expand your knowledge and empathy.Briony is top of her class and ready to be the first female Magnus Princeps, aiming to take power and leadership in her church. Dark secrets linger amongst those in power and her mysterious psycho stalker, Aero, haunts her in the hopes of opening her eyes to the dark twisted reality of the life she’s been playing into. Jescie Hall managed to create a seemingly domestic romance with all of the angst, meaning, and delicateness of a worthy contemporary romance. Here is what you can expect from Hawke: He may never stop. Not until I succumb to my truths, or die beneath the weight of his unrelenting grasp. This book was amazing and it gave me one of the worst book hangovers I’ve ever had and I don’t think I will mentally ever recover. Finding out about why Hawke went to jail was just so freaking well involved into the plot and into his and Cole’s relationship!! It truly was a rollercoaster!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment