276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sigma 33B965 30 mm F1.4 DC DC Sony E-Mount-Black

£142.935£285.87Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sharpness is amazing, but how does the lens handle optical flaws such as vignette, distortion, CA, and flaring? Chromatic Aberrations It balances perfectly on my Sony a6000 and the massive focusing ring provides a really nice rubberized gripping point when out shooting. I’ve shot with this thing for hours straight in the city and haven’t had any issues with comfort. When hiking, I can toss it easily in my bag.

Although none of the lenses feature weather-sealing, they all sport a solid barrel made of a mix of high grade plastics and metal. Holding them in the hand, the 35mm f/1.8 comes across as the least robust of the three because there is less metal covering the exterior. Sharpest at f/4 on the A6000, the Sony 30mm f/1.4 DN achieves almost 80% acutance in the center of the fram,e dropping to around 70% in the outer field by stopping down past F/2.8-F/4, though things still look sharp at F/11, then F/16 softens due to diffraction. Here's Color fringing towards the edges and corners is fairly minimal and auto corrections are available in current and recent Canon and Nikon DSLRs.This lens features Sigma HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) for fast focusing similar to the competition, and it works as advertised on the Canon I used, but unfortunately the Sony version of Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC Lens does not have any ssm (Super Sonic wave Motor) The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC Lens Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC Lens – In Box auto-focus operation. It also seems accurate for the most part, but tended to focus slightly behind the subject at close color, but overall it has good control. I see no hard ghosts at any angle or aperture. Veiling glare is shows As for obtaining “perfect” sharpness, the lens peaks at about F4, and even pixel peepers won’t find any significant flaws. When stopped down, this lens is SHARP. The 16mm, 30mm and 56mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary lenses are the perfect trio if you own a crop sensor mirrorless camera. These are great lenses for street photography and excel in low light conditions."

Combining this lens with my Sony a6000 (with just a wrist strap) makes for an extremely small and portable kit. Part of the DN range of lenses for mirrorless cameras, the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN C ( Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DN) is a fast- aperture, third-party standard prime for Sony E-mount cameras. Taking into account the 1.5x crop factor on Sony APS-C sensors, the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens offers an equivalent 45mm focal length, making it a good option for a variety of subjects, including portraits and general use.

Here is an exact quote from a lady I took a few images of her last Saturday afternoon, inside a church (after a seminar) in almost darkness (dimmed lights to the minimum), hand-held, at f/1.2 (camera auto selected an ISO of 3,200), auto shutter was 1/20th for a portrait, 1/45th, and 1/60th for 2 full body shots. focus ring if you wiggle it while engaged in auto-focus mode, that's no big deal though. Manually, the focus ring is All three feature a filter thread, albeit of different sizes, and share a decent minimum focus distance of 30cm.

SIGMA's DC DN lenses are made exclusively for mirrorless, and are designed primarily for use with crop sensor cameras. All DC DN lenses are available for Sony E-mount, L-Mount and FUJIFILM X systems, while our 16mm, 30mm and 56mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary lenses are additionally available for Nikon Z, Canon EF-M, and Micro 4/3. In addition, it’s dead silent, which is a big plus for video shooters. On the other hand of that though, the lens doesn’t have optical image stabilization. The shots above show the results of the eight bladed aperture; eight pointed sun stars, which aren't nearly as exciting My old bright orange car I captured contrasted against the beauty of Waterton Lakes. Value for Money and many other brands) seem to ignore. This would be a good lens for hand-held, available light shooting, (althoughAPS-C camera. It's noticeably a little wider than a 50mm lens on a full frame camera, so the focal length is not exaggerated, test chart shots, use F/5.6-F/8. It's really hard to tell in the image above, I could've used F/2.8 and nobody How much do you care about distortion in uncorrected files? Both the Sony 28mm f2 and Sigma 30mm 1.4 are known for distortion. One caveat, though, is all the distortion figures I have seen were measured on the larger full-frame cameras, so I am not sure about its distortion on the smaller APS-C sensor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment