276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Someone can hold to false premises and still land on truth from time to time. Should we take care of our bodies and our hearts? Should we set goals and work hard to accomplish them? Of course. But as Christians, the why and the how are crucial. Each chapter is about a lie we're told, and why that lie isn't actually true. It's a motivating read that made me want to go out and conquer the world- or at least my own life! I found Rachel's stories inspiring. This book inspired me to be better, but also not to be so hard on myself when I fail. Laced with humor, relateable stories, and things that will actually resonate and help most of us, I recommend this book to all women. It's a must read! A few months ago, one of my facebook friends posted about this thing called 'The Last 90 Days'. I read up on it, and I was inspired to make changes to my life and not wait until the first of the year, but do it now. I started getting up earlier, drinking more water, going to the gym more, and most importantly, I started making a gratitude list daily. It really changed my perspective on a lot of things. Since then, I started following Rachel Hollis. I love her personality and she has great tips and advice. When I got the opportunity to read this book early, I jumped on it. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be

I’m a big fan of displaying visuals inside my closet door to remind me every single day of what my aim is. Currently taped to my door: the cover of Forbes featuring self-made female CEOs, a vacation house in Hawaii . . . and a picture of Beyoncé, obvi. Ultimately, at the end of the day...I was entertained by the book...just don't take her word as gospel. She expressed some confusion over the messages in Hollis’s book and on her social media platforms, so I bought the book and read it. Christian Book? Full Book Name: Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be Hollis and her husband went through a difficult time before adopting their daughter Noah, now about a year and a half old, in 2017. They signed up to be foster-to-adopt parents, and Hollis talks throughout the book about their wrenching experience with the adoption process. It was in the middle of these tumultuous few years, full of long days spent in survival mode, that Hollis started drinking more. “Vodka was my copilot, and I was grateful for its presence in my life,” she writes.

Customer reviews

Just because you believe it doesn’t mean it’s true for everyone. . . . Faith is one of the most abused instances of this. We decide that our religion is right; therefore, every other religion must be wrong.

I've laughed, cried and contemplated. There are self-help books, and then there's 'Girl, Wash Your Face'! Essentially, after reading this book...there's not a lot new. The advice being given isn't groundbreaking.

On Sunday, Hollis tried her hand at a response. Characteristically, she laid much of the blame on her “ team,” claiming that they advised her against responding to the furor sooner. She then wrote it was “ludicrous” that people perceived her post the way they did, stressing that she cannot “now, or ever” compare herself to any of the aforementioned women. Unsurprisingly, her defensive tone only exacerbated the mounting outrage, and the post has since been deleted.

Published under a Christian imprint, Girl, Wash Your Face sold more copies in 2018 than books by James Comey and Reese Witherspoon, performing particularly well in the South and the Midwest. According to the Washington Post, which characterized Hollis as “Goop for red-state women,” her “most ardent devotees are mothers and female entrepreneurs.”

She makes a point to say that dreams shouldn't have deadlines, and then in the very next chapter says her goal is to own a vacation home in Hawaii before she's 40. What if life isn’t happening to you? What if the hard stuff, the amazing stuff, the love, the joy, the hope, the fear, the weird stuff, the funny stuff, the stuff that takes you so low you’re lying on the floor crying and thinking, How did I get here? . . . What if none of it is happening to you? What if all of it is happening for you? It’s all about perception, you guys. Perception means we don’t see things as they are; we see things as we are. Take a burning house. To a fireman, a burning house is a job to do—maybe even his life’s work or mission. For an arsonist? A burning house is something exciting and good. What if it’s your house? What if it’s your family who’s standing outside watching every earthly possession you own burning up? That burning house becomes something else entirely. You don’t see things as they are; you see things through the lens of what you think and feel and believe. Perception is reality, and I’m here to tell you that your reality is colored much more by your past experiences than by what is actually happening to you. If your past tells you that nothing ever works out, that life is against you, and that you’ll never succeed, then how likely are you to keep fighting for something you want? Or, on the flip side, if you quit accepting no as the end of the conversation whenever you run up against opposition, you can shift your perception and fundamentally reshape your entire life.” She doesn't sugar coat it, she doesn't tell you it's going to be easy nor does she tell you that change will happen overnight. What she does tell you is that YOU ARE WORTH IT. You are worth the fight, the struggle, the battles, and the pain. YOU ARE WORTH the hard work, the tears, the rejection, and the exhaustion. Because, ❝Life isn't meant to be merely survived-it's meant to be lived❞ Rachel Hollis has seen it too often: women not living into their full potential. They feel a tugging on their hearts for something more, but they’re afraid of embarrassment, of falling short of perfection, of not being enough. Multiple people told me to read this book, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've never heard of Rachel Hollis before or anything about her.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment