276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Then She Was Gone: From the number one bestselling author of The Family Upstairs

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This and another small coincidence, puts new thoughts into Laurel’s head, prompting her to do a little amateur sleuthing.

Another sweltering month in Charlotte, another boatload of mysteries past and present for overworked, overstressed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. A road much like mine, lined with semi-detached Victorian villas with gabled roofs, mostly gentrified. Then, on Christmas Eve, feeling that Laurel has formed a tight enough bond with Poppy to take her seamlessly into her life, he leaves Laurel a video and drives to the countryside to kill himself. It’s been ten years since her daughter disappeared, seven years since her marriage ended, and only months since the last clue in Ellie’s case was unearthed.Dark and unsettling, this novel’s end arrives abruptly even as readers are still moving at a breakneck speed.

And then her child had died and she had found out that somehow, incredibly, she could live without her, that she had woken every morning for a hundred days, a thousand days, three thousand days and she had lived without her.

The fact that she was standing in her adult daughter’s kitchen picturing her dead in a ditch because she hadn't left a cereal bowl in the sink was perfectly sane and reasonable in the context of her own experience. After finishing this book I really had to wait a few days to sort of “SETTLE ME DOWN” as this mystery touched some very delicate feelings in me, more so than her first two books. I'm afraid I have to disagree with one character telling that our decision-making capabilities aren't fully developed until we are twenty-five years old. i still havent figured out how im going to reward myself for a correct prediction - the game is a work in progress - so suggestions are welcome. They are ordinary people with ordinary worries who have ordinary awful things happen, and who react like I imagine that I, or any of my friends, would react should a child of mine go missing.

There is an alternate ending for this novel available on the internet, which the author initially wrote and changed to the current conclusion based on the author's literary agents' advice. She was supposed to move and go live with them along with Poppy at one point, but it looks like she dropped off the baby with Floyd and disappeared instead. Here is a quick description and cover image of book Then She Was Gone written by Lisa Jewell which was published in 2018-4-17.Thank you to Atria Books and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment