276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Art-n-Fly 48 Oil Pastel Pencils for Artists - Oil Based Coloured Pencils - Drawing, Sketching and Adult Colouring - Soft Core Art Colouring Pencils Set with Skin Tone

£49.995£99.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If these oil pencils are truly “pencils”, yet you use them with oil pastels, then it would have to be considered a “mixed medium”, right?

Disclaimer – Please read this disclosure about my use of affiliate links which are contained within this post. Oil-based coloured pencils are perfect for people who want the vibrance of oil paint, without the mess. If you’re looking for a cheaper, but good quality wax based pencil, the Bruynzeel Design Colour pencils are a great place to start.

While a vast majority of colored pencils are going to be comprised of a wax-based compound primarily, some products have significant portions of their core made of oil.

They offer good color output and intensity, although heavier application is needed to achieve the desired results.

The best part about this set is the variety of colours – there’s something for everyone in this box. For me this was one of the most troublesome issues of me reviews, artists were so adamant in knowing if a core was wax or oil.

The difference in mark and layering is noticeable, especially if you are accustomed to a wax-based experience. The color application is quite smooth and is void of wax bloom and the color intensity can be very good, although it may take a few passes.Art-n-Fly is a premium boutique supplier of art supplies including a beautiful color variety of alcohol brush markers and gel pens. As I mentioned, the Art-n-Fly colored pencils are oil based, they layer incredibly well and very smooth indeed, gliding across the paper like butter. Eco-friendly and non-toxic wood plated with color provides excellent toughness and easy to be sharpened, hexagonal design gives you extremely comfortable handling. Like Derwent Lightfast, these Art-n-Fly pencils don’t break either, and can be sharpened to a very fine point. Enjoy using them and if you ever fancy showing off your work head over to my Facebook page 🙂 https://www.

But oil-based and wax-based pencils are not such polar opposites and can be used interchangeably without any issues. The best colours for beginners are probably the Crayola ones (not reviewed here as we are looking at the “best” from a professional artist’s point of view).

Encased in an attractive hexagonal wood barrel, these pencils provide a smooth color application, vivid hues, and impressive blendability.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment