276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sebastião Salgado. Amazônia

£50£100.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From images of lush rainforests taken from river boats and sweeping aerial shots of immense waterfalls and stormy skies to portraits of the diverse indigenous communities that call this special part of the world home, Amazônia offers visitors the opportunity to see this unique environment through the lens of one of the most eminent photographers working today. Salgado visitó a docenas de tribus indígenas que viven en comunidades repartidas por la mayor selva tropical del planeta. Documentó la vida cotidiana de los yanomamis, los asháninkas, los yawanawás, los suruwahás, los zo’és, los kuikuros, los waurás, los kamayurás, los korubos, los marubos, los awás y los macuxis: sus estrechos lazos familiares, cómo cazan y pescan, cómo preparan y comparten las comidas, su maravilloso talento a la hora de pintarse el rostro y el cuerpo, la importancia de sus chamanes, sus danzas y rituales. La prenotazione è obbligatoria per gruppi e scuole e consigliata per i singoli al costo di: € 1,50 a persona Un’area montuosa protetta dalla bellezza straordinaria è il Parque Estadual Serra do Aracá. Ubicato a circa 400 chilometri a nord di Manaus, la sua aspra morfologia è perlopiù frutto dei tepui ivi presenti e, sebbene raggiunga un’altezza massima di 1.700 metri, s’impone con forza nella giungla circostante. Nello stesso luogo si trovano anche le più alte cascate del Brasile, El Dorado e Desabamento, le cui acque precipitano per 360 metri lungo il versante spoglio di una montagna.

La visita è accompagnata da una traccia audio immersiva commissionata appositamente per l’allestimento della mostra Amazônia da Jean-Michel Jarre che fa rivivere i suoni della foresta pluviale. Con una vera e propria sinfonia del mondo composta dai suoni concreti della foresta – il fruscio degli alberi, i pianti degli animali, il canto degli uccelli o lo scroscio delle acque che sgorgano dalla cima delle montagne -, la mostra restituisce anche la voce e i canti degli indigeni, tutti provenienti dagli archivi sonori del Museo di Etnografia di Ginevra. La visita è accompagnata da una traccia audio composta appositamente per la mostra da Jean-Michel Jarre e ispirata ai suoni autentici della foresta, come il fruscio degli alberi, i versi degli animali, il canto degli uccelli o il fragore dell’acqua che cade a picco dalle montagne.For years, he and his wife Leliahave worked to restore a portion of the Atlantic Forest. And they created Instituto Terra, a nature reserve and an institute for reforestation, conservation and environmental education. Free for children up to 5 years, ICOM members with valid membership card, licensed tourist guides, persons accompanying disabled visitors, staff of the Special Projects Unit and Fabbrica del Vapore, accredited journalists with valid press card, 1 group accompanying person, teachers accompanying schools (2 per group), invitation coupon holders. Mountains– Brazil also boasts mountain ranges, which feature peaks shrouded in mist and rainforest-covered lower slopes. Disabled individuals – Over 65 – Teachers – Employees of the Municipality of Milan (with name badge) – Journalists with press card of the current year not accredited – Groups (minimum 7/maximum 20 people)

Il secondo gruppo di immagini è dedicato alle diverse popolazioni indigene immortalate da Salgado con le fotografie raccolte in spazi che ricordano le “ocas”, tipiche abitazioni indigene, evocando in modo vivido i piccoli e isolati insediamenti umani nel cuore della giungla. Grazie a Salgado possiamo conoscere così gli Awá-Guajá, che contano solo 450 membri e sono considerati la tribù più minacciata del pianeta, o gli Yawanawá, che, sul punto di sparire, hanno ripreso il controllo delle proprie terre e la diffusione della loro cultura, prosperando, fino ai Korubo, fra le tribù con meno contatti esterni. In 1998, Salgado and his wife, Lélia, founded Instituto Terra, located on the photographer’s family farm, in the Rio Doce river valley. To restore this land which had been degraded by erosion, the couple established a reforestation programme in Minas Gerais state, planting three million trees in twenty years. intencionalmente para despejar tierras para granjas ganaderas y plantaciones de soja. Los envenenamientos de arroyos y L’unico modo per poter cogliere le reali dimensioni della foresta è osservandola dallo spazio. Occupa un terzo del continente sudamericano, un’area più estesa dell’intera Unione Europea, è attraversata dal Rio delle Amazzoni che, con i suoi circa 1.100 affluenti, di cui 17 lunghi più di 1.500 chilometri, alla fine della sua corsa riversa nell’Oceano Atlantico, il 20% dell’acqua dolce di tutta la Terra.

Acquista i biglietti per la mostra Amazônia di Salgado a Milano

This exhibition contains nudity and content that some visitors might find challenging. EVENTS Protecting Rainforests: The Planet’s Great Protectors With over 200 images, captured over 7 years spent travelling in the region, visitors will get to explore one of the most unique environments on the planet through Salgado’s eyes;

For Genesis I went to see what was pristine on the planet,” said Salgado. “I had previously photographed just one animal, humans, and now I went to photograph all kinds of animals. Through this work I was transformed into an environmentalist.” The problems of Amazônia are well known and urgent: fires, deforestation, intrusive agriculture, roadbuilding. But Salgado – who with his wife, Lélia, has turned the family farm in Aimorés into a nature reserve that’s a model of reforestation – shows there is still much to fight for. The modern world, for all its rapacity, has only destroyed “a little bit of the periphery. The heart is there yet. To show this pristine place, I photograph Amazônia alive, not the dead Amazônia.” The emotions I have felt most deeply while looking at Salgado’s work have been gratitude and wonder,” said Bierman. “There’s a whole world out there that he has devoted his life to, and through his photographs you get to travel. I get a sense of awe, wonder, and gratitude for his work.” ríos por buscadores de oro independientes y la invasión implacable de bosques vírgenes por madereros extrayendoCon oltre 200 fotografie esposte, la mostra si sviluppa attorno a due temi: le fotografie di ambientazione paesaggistica e le fotografie delle popolazioni indigene. Le fotografie paesaggistiche di Salgado Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a global insurer with 55,000 employees and an aspiration to become one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world. Zurich serves customers in more than 215 countries and territories, and provides products and services to protect individuals and businesses. Zurich was the first insurer to sign the UN Business Ambition Pledge to limit global temperature rise to 1.5°C and is a founding member of the UN Net Zero Asset Owners Alliance and of the UN Net Zero Insurance Alliance. In 2020, Zurich became the exclusive sponsor of a biodiverse reforestation project in Brazil led by Instituto Terra, called the ‘Zurich Forest’ project. Furthermore, Zurich is the proud global sponsor of the Amaz ô nia Exhibition and Concerts. The Group is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1872. Further information is available at www.zurich.com . About Natura &Co: As in Paris and Rome, the exhibition will be accompanied by a one-off live concert inspired by the themes explored in the exhibition, performed by the Britten Sinfonia at the Barbican on 14 October. All the biodiversity has returned, even the jaguars, which were thought to be extinct in our region,” enthuses the photographer. The Institute, which is part of the UNESCO Mata Atlântica biosphere reserve, also has an educational vocation, raising awareness about the environment. These are all objectives of UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere ( MAB) programme – which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2021, and with which Salgado is actively involved.

Disabili, Over 65, Docenti, Dipendenti del Comune di Milano (con badge nominale), Giornalisti con tesserino ODG con bollino dell’anno in corso non accreditati, Gruppi (minimo 7/massimo 20 persone)This talk took place earlier this year as part of Photo London’s Book Club live events, to coincide with the UK launch of Salgado’s ‘Amazônia’ book published by TASCHEN.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment