276°
Posted 20 hours ago

That's Not My Monkey: 1

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In essence, you accept (either explicitly or implicitly) that the problem presented to you is your problem. There are those of us who are burdened with a constant feeling of responsibility who have the impression that they need to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders, even if they don’t.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys | Psychology Today Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys | Psychology Today

It is noted by Henryk Markiewicz and Andrzej Romanowski in Skrzydlate słowa: wielki słownik cytatów polskich i obcych from 2005, that the proverb has been first used in 1993, when Ireneusz Sekula commented the governing of Hanna Suchocka.And while being a responsible, caring adult is great, attributing everyone’s problems and concerns to oneself is not healthy, and not realistic either. You probably know you can’t simply give monkeys to employees and expect them to go about their daily business. Covey makes an important point: I couldn’t agree more that many leaders’ need for control and ineffective delegation methodologies create leaping monkeys. The not my business not my monkey attitude is important to keep your sanity in the workplace if you’re just an employee and not the boss, since it’s not up to you to make sure everyone does their work. Instead, after transferring initiative, make another appointment, this one for your employee to provide you with a progress report.

Thats Not My Toddlers 10 Books Collection Set Pack Usborne Thats Not My Toddlers 10 Books Collection Set Pack

Now ‘’I was made into a horse’’ sounds hilarious, but it means that someone has made a fool out of you. If you are depressed, you are probably focused on what is negative, so you might not think of asking this. Harsh as this may sound, this is wise advice, because if monkeys are allowed to linger, you’ll waste valuable time on attempted resurrections. As if the mess someone else has found himself in, is not your mess to worry about, and the people taking part in that mess are not the ones you can control.This is so like the frustration of depressed people who devote their energy to thinking and talking over problems over which they have no control.

That’s not my Monkey | Dunelm

I really wanted my daughter to change some plans we had so that I could fit in several other things I wanted to get done. That’s why you need to learn and practice the ability to let go off the things that are unimportant and the stuff you can’t control. You can watch the show, and certainly decide whether you stay in that tent, but you cannot control what happens there. That’s because when you delegate responsibilities, you have to ensure that employees have the desire and ability to accept them — which isn’t always the case. He goes on and on how his brother’s family is behaving not up to his standards, how his niece has decided to quit school and maybe how his nephew is not earning enough money and how all that doesn’t seem to worry his brother at all.Sometimes everyone else is happy and it is only you who suffers that distress of not getting what you want. The Polish proverb ‘’ Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy translates to "Not my circus, not my monkeys ’ ’,it is difficult to find its English equivalent. When employees try to give you their monkeys, it’s because they don’t have the desire or ability to handle them. Examples of ineffective emotions include “I could lose respect or status if I delegate,” “I don’t trust my employees to do it right,” and “I need to please my employees. And those performers, equipment, and animals all have agreed that they will pay attention to these messages.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment