276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amazing Me, Amazing You – from autism ambassador, Christine McGuinness

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Louise also speaks about the powerful role of the Vagus Nerve, in helping us feel calmer, and shares how we can stimulate our Vagus Nerve through some simple everyday practices. minute Explorer session webinars cover the approach, framework, SEMH implementation, impact measure tools and supporting resources.

This is a great title to support parents and carers in approaching the topic of neurodiversity, providing an accessible device for talking about some of the problems neurodivergent children may face. She was herself recently diagnosed with autism, alongside her three children, and she hasn't let that diagnosis stop her from living her best life. In this first children’s book from autism ambassador, Christine McGuinness shows just how important it is to embrace diversity and inclusivity while highlighting just how much it means to accept one another, just as we are with all the uniqueness that makes us special.

McGuinness commented: “I’m so excited and proud that I have written my first children’s book, inspired by our experience of autism.

I am a qualified Hatha yoga teacher, and I love how moving consciously with our breath calms and nourishes our body, mind and soul. It changed how I saw the world, how I communicated and how I related with everyone in my life, including myself.

The book also contains information at the back of the book to help parents teach their children about neurodiversity. I believed it was better to ‘keep the peace’ and ‘not rock the boat’ than speak my truth and look after my needs.

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I also worked in training and development, communications and relationships for many years as a business graduate.Steph and Deirdre share their own experiences in practising self-compassion, self-forgiveness and their unexpected experiences of self-observation. years ago I signed up for a Parenting course, only realising on day 1 that I had signed up for a ReParenting Course! Each emotion theme pack comes with all the resources from detailed session plans to impact measures, certificates and shiny stickers plus access to our Resource Hub for an ever-growing free repository of activities, templates and planning and impact tools. One child said: "I really like this book as it tells us that you should always be yourself, no matter what.

Amazing Me, Amazing You provides “strong messages of kindness, friendship and the importance of accepting each other”. Amazing Me, Amazing You is a lovely picture book, beautifully illustrated, that is great to share with children in primary school.Louise speaks openly and honestly of the journey that has brought her to where she is today, including some of her early experiences of anorexia (“denying my needs”) and bulimia (“trying to fill my endless needs”) and her later experience of hyper-ventilation syndrome which she believes was “stuck grief”. I end up spending all my energy thinking of the person in disbelief or outrage or frustration, and I simply stay stuck. Our self-esteem programme helps children to recognise, celebrate and value their own self-worth and to feel a sense of pride through a range of activities and opportunities to think and share experiences together.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment