276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Polar Heavy Duty Interior Tile Red Floor & Garage Paint, 5 Litre - Ideal for Garages, Warehouses & Concrete Stone Floors - Hard Wearing & Slip Resistant Mid-Sheen Finish

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Johnstone’s are renowned for creating good quality paint at accessible price points however, this particular paint is a little bit more expensive than some of the others on the market. We think the price point is justified when taking into account the quality of the paint however. The best thing to do is experiment on a test patch with how much sand you want to add, and workout a sensible balance of aesthetics, durability, but also that crucial Anti Slip garage floor paint property that is hard to come by! coats are advised to ensure a long-lasting finish, with a minimum over-coating time of around 16-24 hours.

Independent: We will tell you exactly what we think of a product and we would never recommend anything we wouldn't use ourselves. Professional and commercial garage floor paint: Heavy Duty Hardwearing Polyurethane Concrete Industrial Floor PaintYou need two coats of either kind of paint for a smooth and semi-sheen finish to the floor. Coverage is advertised at an admirable 12m 2 per litre of paint, though some online reviewers do complain that, in reality, it’s much less than that. Drying time of this paint is just two hours to dry to the touch, and you do have to wait 16 to 24 hours to put the second coat on. Pros The functionality of this garage paint is excellent. It resists chemicals, including strong industrial chemicals, and can handle frequent washing in case you (or your car) make messes often. The drying time is one of the shortest we’ve seen – at two to four hours – and the floor is usable (though not scratchproof) after three days. No primer is needed for the concrete floor as the first of the two coats acts as the primer. Give this plenty of time to set. I would say your best bet is a minimum of 48 hours. Cut this too short and you’ll find yourself with a mushy floor! Manufacturers normally recommend from about 16 hours onward but I can tell you in my experience they must have had some sweltering weather when they worked that out. Because mine has never set so fast fully, that I was confident to layer again! Paintmaster Polyurethane Floor Paint provides durability to garage floors and other interior floors, even in heavily used spaces. This polyurethane paint is very resistant to petrol and oil, so your leaking car won’t stain the painted floor. This Ronseal garage floor paint is made up of a unique water-based acrylic formula which has been developed specifically for use on garage floors.

Top tip once you find the right garage floor paint to avoid disaster: Now it’s super important to realise that during the curing process, damp or humidity can be a disaster for polyurethane paint. It can literally ruin your coat of paint. So make sure your area stays free from moisture, at least while the curing process occurs. This differs considerably when compared to epoxy garage floor paint which cures differently but given it’s less resistant to scratch and scuffs I have steered away from those in this review to an extent. Polyurethane is better for most home use as well as commercial, it’s the type of paint you’ll often see in a garage – ideal to protect against spills of oil and grease – as you would expect from a garage floor paint! Now you’ve decided on your paint, what comes next? Painting a garage floor is no small task and the key is in your preparation. As the old adage goes “fail to prepare, prepare to fail.” You don’t want to spend good money and effort on painting your garage floor if the result is flaking paint or paint that comes off easily. First up is Polar Heavy Duty Garage Floor Paint. Given most of the paint in my review is polyurethane based they are nearly on a level playing field when you compare the chemical breakdown, but I quite like the semi gloss look of this paint with a decent range of colours (though only this light grey). When I first reviewed this a couple of years ago, when I used it, the price was much lower – it looks like all floor paints are way up on the last couple of years!

Finally, you’re going to have to play the waiting game again. Most paints will allow for light foot traffic within several hours but it can be a couple of weeks before your fresh paint is set enough to endure vehicles parking on it. Summary Dry conditions as with any polyurethane paint is an absolute must, do a little research beyond my top tip is worth the ten minutes it’ll cost you. The semi-gloss finish of the paint serves as a resist to oil and grease. The manufacturer states that hot vehicle tyres won’t pull the paint up from the floor to transfer to them. This paint does, however, take much longer to dry than others we review, at between 14 to 16 hours. You shouldn’t be in a hurry to use the garage and walk on the floor. But when the floor is all dry, it really stands up to a lot of cleaning. For some, a garage is simply a place to store lawn mowers, Christmas decorations and tools. But for others, a garage is a living, breathing workshop as valuable as any room in the house. If you’re in the latter camp, then painting your garage floor is a no-brainer. The best garage floor paints are specifically formulated for the garage environment – and there are many reasons why you should consider using it. If you’ve only just laid your cement or concrete, we’d recommend waiting several months before painting with this particular paint for best results. Features

As far as painting goes the key is preparation. Don’t sweep up, instead, hoover up. Make sure there is no overhanging cobwebs or anything that could fall into your paint for that matter. Have a really deep clean and vent the area well. Make sure it’s completely dry – polyurethane paint doesn’t like water at all during the curing process. So if it’s been raining outside the cure time between coats goes up dramatically. Epoxy paints are far more hard-wearing but are significantly more expensive, and require the mixing of the epoxy resin paint and a catalyst in the correct quantities. Epoxy paints require a little more care to apply, but the end result will be much tougher and more durable than solvent-based alternatives. That means they’re more resistant to wear, and you’re less likely to chip the paint if you drop a heavy tool on the floor. Do I need a garage floor paint primer?Pay attention to the drying time, but a good rule of thumb is leaving a day before you walk on the floor, and a week before you drive a car over it. We like the anti-slip properties of this specific paint. Being anti-slip in one of the most dangerous areas of your home is somewhat undervalued when it comes to choosing the best garage floor paint but it’s an obvious benefit. Overall you can expect to get a clean, smooth finish at a decent price point.

Etching is a crucial part of the painting process; concrete surfaces are naturally smooth; they often struggle to absorb paint. Polar Acid Etch Primer increases surface abrasion, creating a cleaner, more adsorbate surface for the paint to be applied on.

Latest articles

Get rid of any dust or debris, even cobwebs from your ceiling and walls first. You need to methodically work from the top down to ensure a super finish. Look at this way so its not quite the chore: we have a great opportunity to clear the garage and have it spot on for the first time in years! You’ll love how deep the pigment is on this paint. You must put down two coats but you’ll notice just how great the floor is looking after one. Give it a good day or so between laying on a second so he paint has a decent bit of time to harden off and you’ll be good to go – if it’s warm and dry you can go the lower end of the recommended times but mine I left for a week after the second coat!. Application is a doddle too, just mix it up and away you go, no hardeners etc just be aware that solvent will hang about and it’ll need a good bit of venting for some weeks to come and you can’t go wrong! Make sure the paint is stirred well before use and applied with either a brush or solvent-resistant roller, evenly across the surface. 2 coats are usually required, this ensures a superior quality finish.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment