276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Adafruit AHT20 - Temperature & Humidity Sensor Breakout Board - STEMMA QT/Qwiic

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

n Users must call the startMeasurementReady function once to start the measurement before calling this function so as to get the real-time measured data, Adafruit invests time and resources providing this open source code, please support Adafruit and open-source hardware by purchasing products from Adafruit! Dependencies This little sensor looks an awful lotlike the popular DHT11/DHT22 temperature and humidity sensors, but unlike classic DHT sensors, it has an I²C interface! That's right, you do not need to use a bit-bang timing-specific protocol to talk to the DHT20, it uses plain-old-I²C. And, you can power it with anything from 2.5V to 5.5V so it's good with 3V or 5V microcontrollers. Whew, that makes things a little easier, doesn't it? AHT10 This sensor model should better be avoided, as it doesn’t always work with other devices on the same I2C bus. Also, the AHT15 can be used, but that has similar issues.

Inside is the AHT20. You can take sensor readings as often as you like, and it uses standard I2C so its super easy to use with any Arduino or Linux/Raspberry Pi board. If the plugin is configured for Sensor model AHT10 and other devices configured in a task use the I2C bus, a warning is displayed (see example below) that combining them with this device may cause issues on the I2C bus, resulting in all I2C devices no longer working as intended. This may occur immediately, or only after some time, like 10 minutes or an hour. Join over 36,000+ makers on Adafruit’s Discord channels and be part of the community! http://adafru.it/discord The sensor outputs calibrated digital signals in standard I 2C format. AHT20 is equipped with a newly designed ASIC chip, an improved MEMS semiconductor capacitive humidity sensing element and a standard on-chip temperature sensing element. Supply voltageSo color coded for ease of use, this layout shows a connection to the module ESP8266 and AHT20 layout Code Example We are going to release new Grove temperature and humidity sensors soon in a preview below. We hope our new product will help your environmental projects! Let us know your thoughts, we will carefully listen to and take action!

Sensor model Selection of the connected type of hardware. (AHT2x sensors have a slightly different intialization.) The results are as shown in the figure below, the temperature values in ℃ and ℉, and humidity values are displayed in the serial monitor. This group of settings, Single event with all values, Send to Controller and Interval settings are standard available configuration items. Send to Controller is only visible when one or more Controllers are configured. This uses the library from Adafruit installed using the Library Manager in the Arduino IDE. search for AHTx0 , and select the Adafruit AHTx0 Library library and also the Adafruit BusIO library retval true If the measurement is completed, call a related function such as get* to obtain the measured data.retval false If the measurement failed, the obtained data is the data of last measurement or the initial value 0 if the related function such as get* is called at this time. Interval By default, Interval will be set to 60 sec. It is the frequency used to read sensor values and send these to any Controllers configured for this device. Values ¶ Based on the AM2301B temperature and humidity sensor: users can also customize products according to actual application scenarios and cost considerations by selecting chips, PCB boards, shells, protective covers, wires, etc.

You also need an I2C support library from the same folks for the library above to work and that is available from – https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_BusIO

March 2nd, 2020 (GMT+8 ) Seeed published this blog to call for ideas regarding the new Grove products. The AHT20 is a nice but inexpensive temperature and humidity sensor from the same folks that brought us the DHT22. You can take sensor readings as often as you like, and it uses standard I2C so its super easy to use with any Arduino or Linux/Raspberry Pi board. The AM2301B is a nice but inexpensive temperature and humidity sensor from the same folks that brought us the AM2302. Once again for ease of use I connect a Dual Base Shield with a Wemos Mini and then connect the sensor to that as well Name Because of this peculiarity, other sensors may be more appropriate, like the AHT20/AHT21 also supported by this plugin, or Environment - BMx280, Environment - BME68x, Environment - SI7021/HTU21D, Environment - DHT12 (I2C), Environment - AM2320, Environment - SHT3x or Environment - HDC1000/HDC1008/HDC1010/HDC1050/HDC1080 (I2C).

The AHT20 is a high-precision but low-cost temperature and humidity sensor, which is equipped with an improved MEMS semiconductor capacitive humidity sensor element. It features standard I2C interface and a wide voltage supply of 2V - 5V. And with simple peripheral circuit, it performs stably even in harsh environments in the measuring range of -40 - +85℃. Documentation is produced by doxygen. Contributions should include documentation for any new code added. The sensor outputs calibrated digital signals in standard IAHT20, as a new generation of temperature and humidity sensors, has established a new standard in size and intelligence. The sensor outputs calibrated digital signals in standard I 2C format. The AHT20 is equipped with a newly designed ASIC chip, an improved MEMS semiconductor capacitive humidity sensing element and a standard on-chip temperature sensing element. Supply voltage The performance of AHT20 has been greatly improved compared with the previous generation of humidity and temperature sensors. The performance of the new-generation temperature and humidity sensor is more stable in harsh environments. Features:In this article we look at a AHT20 Temperature & Humidity Sensor and we will connect it to a Wemos Mini The layout below shows an Adafruit Huzzah ESP32, I tried a couple of other ESP32 boards like the Lolin32 as well and they worked just fine The AHT20 is equipped with a newly designed ASIC chip: an improved MEMS semiconductor capacitive humidity sensor, and a standard on-chip temperature sensor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment