276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Pepperpot Diaries: Stories From My Caribbean Table

£13.5£27.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In a food processor, blitz together the onion, garlic, chilli, ground cumin, coriander, turmeric and curry powder, and 2 tablespoons of the oil to a rough paste.

Andi Oliver: ‘I’ve always done exactly what I wanted’ Andi Oliver: ‘I’ve always done exactly what I wanted’

People tried to get us to work together years ago, then somebody said, 'Do you want to drive across Asia together in a 1953 Morris Minor?' [for 2018 BBC2 series Eight Go Rallying: the Road to Saigon] It taught us patience with each other,” the TV host continued. Put all the biscuits in a sealable food bag and bash them up to fine crumbs using a rolling pin or similar. Tip the crumbs into a bowl and mix with the toasted coconut, melted butter, and salt. Press into the bottom and sides of the tart tin and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until set. Andi reflected and said: “We’re having conversations with BBC and another one with Channel 4 about projects we’d love to do together. Combine both the milks and the cream in a jug or cup and keep to one side of the hob. Gently melt the butter in a deep saucepan over a low heat. Add the flour and beat it into the butter with a wooden spoon. When the flour and butter are fully combined, keep stirring for around 4 minutes, then gradually add the milk and cream mixture, bit by bit, beating it in each time to keep the sauce smooth. Next, beat in just over half of the cheese mixture and all the mustard. Set aside off the heat.Wright, Katie (9 May 2023). "Andi Oliver on turning 60 and channeling her anger into power". The Independent.

Andi Oliver on why now’s the perfect time to join a book club Andi Oliver on why now’s the perfect time to join a book club

Splash a little oil into the palm of your hands and rub it all over the dough in the bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp kitchen towel and leave the dough to rest at room temperature for 2-3 hours – 3 hours is preferable if you have time. She then joked: “Can you imagine being in a car with one of your parents for ten hours a day over three weeks? We only had one argument!” Lower the heat to medium-low, then add the onion and remaining garlic and chilli. Lightly sauté for 5 minutes until slightly softened. Add the curry powder and a splash of water – enough to form a paste. Gently cook for 2 minutes, being careful not to burn the spices.I also think it’s a good time to remind people of the simple things that can bring a little light into your life. A book is such a seemingly small thing but it’s a door into infinite universes. At a time when it’s hard for us to connect with people in the physical, real world, because there are so many restrictions – books connect us to each other in an age-old way that I will never be tired of. I think it’s a brilliant time to be doing something like a book show.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment