276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Daughters Of Nri (The Return Of The Earth Mother): 1

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I ended up bookmarking the glossary separately so I could flick to the back whenever a word came up that I didn’t know. The narrative style is very story driven rather than character driven or relying on action sequence after action sequence to keep the reader’s interest. She would be forced to become someone she’s not, despite her surrounding environment of her home village, representing a sense of freedom Sinai would never have. I’m so appreciative of authors that include glossaries and maps because it makes unknown words and even just general visualisation so much easier.

Daughters Of Nri explores their epic journey of self-discovery as they embark on a path back to one another. The actress, Weruche Opia who narrators the audiobook has a great voice which makes for a smooth listening experience.

In the end, a solid 3*s for me, a very likeable ready and some very good points, but in terms of the story it's a little predictable and the pacing felt a bit slow overall to me. As for characters, I particularly really loved Sinai and her plotline; I wished Naala had a little bit more development as I felt I didn’t know her as deeply as I knew Sinai.

The magic of this world is so subtle and breathtakingly beautiful that magic almost feels like the wrong word to use because of the images it conjures up. The pacing also didn’t entirely work for me, and I personally wished for the main characters to have a little bit more agency over the plot. The writing was immaculate, the world building was really gradual and well paced, the magic system was also really gentle and easy to understand.There really was a lot of telling rather than showing, which is a shame considering this is beautifully written.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment