276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DAZCOS US Size Adult Chi Chi Blue Dress Cosplay Costume

£24.86£49.72Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When the costume was close to finishing I uploaded this teaser to show what I had so far and also to show how the design from the cape and top works View spoiler Hide spoiler the fabric at the top of my shoulders is not visible when wearing the wig and this was also before ironing everything, so pardon the small mess :P. I did a lot of test rounds at home and was wearing the costume since 6AM that morning without any problems and when it was almost time for me to get on stage (around 3PM) parts started to malfunction, so I got quite stressed thinking "what if something breaks or falls off on stage? How long the drying process takes depends on the weather, but on a general (quite cold) day in the Netherlands this can take a full day. View spoiler Hide spoiler Not related to this costume, but the bat you see on the left was a work in progress for our Miria and Isaac baseball costumes: www. View spoiler Hide spoiler I just re-measure myself every once in a while to see if I didn't get a lot fatter or thinner and see if the mannequin is still good.

Instead of following rules, I'm more the type to test out and adjust parts while I'm making them (only when I know what I'm doing, with the helmet above I used a tutorial). View spoiler Hide spoiler Sorry for the blurry picture of the shoulderplates, but with work-in-progress if my pictures turn out bad, I can never re-make them because I'm already at the next step! Inbetween my pre-judging in the morning and the afternoon where I had to be on stage I had a photoshoot with RE:PLICA / MikoBura, who also has an account here: bura She is also a cosplayer and a huge Dragon Ball fan.In Chi-Chi's character design most of her hair pieces are quite "square" and I decided I wanted to literally recreate this effect. Which I actually quite like, because it's just after the part where I throw the blade from my helmet. Chi-Chi's hairstyle is a variation of a hime-cut, which I already cut multiple times, but I wanted to make this one a bit more special.

So the process you see here happens with at least 3 layers and most of them have to be undercoated in 2-4 different positions so everything can dry well. I had quite a hard time finding the right shade of dark blue, but I'm pretty content with how this color turned out!The first version of the wings were functioning enough, but not that great, so I hope to improve them soon. For some reason I had the bright idea that I could use small pieces of foam to cover the gaps I had inbetween the detailing and the helmet itself. The necklace is worn at the part where it bodysuit changes to my real body and it (hopefully) helps to make everything look more natural.

Luckily everything went quite well, but I think it was also one of the reasons why I screwed up during the act.

View spoiler Hide spoiler You can see some leftovers on the cardboard for my earlier painted Smileys masks www. Considering the size of these boots, I decided to grab my favorite pair of sneakers and make a pattern around it for her boots. Because of the (quite unexpected, to be honest) positive reactions I got on my previous cosplay project blog blog/20041 , I decided to also make a blog about my Chi-Chi costume project!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment