276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brook Wingman XB 2 Converter - Wireless Controller Adapter for Xbox Consoles and PC, Supports Remap and Adjustable Turbo

£19.995£39.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I certainly don’t, as we have two cats in the house who see any trailing cable as fair game and will not hesitate to pounce!

So, we have seen that this clever device allows you to play with pretty much any controller on any Xbox, (although you need an adapter to attach it to the original Xbox, the manual says), you’d think that that would be enough clever stuff, right? Once the male end is inserted (stop sniggering at the back), the controller of your preference can be attached with a USB lead to the other end and away you go. If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. Like the first generation device, setting up and using the controllers is as easy as plugging a controller into the usb port and for all the non-Microsoft wireless controllers consists of plugging in the controller to the dongle and the handshake will happen. It required a custom firmware for this, that can't be used at the same time as its other common functions, so you have to reflash the firmware to switch between those modes.The Brook Wingman XB also supported converting certain flight sticks to be usable on MS Flight Simulator on Xbox.

If you need the unique and advanced feature set of the Brook Gaming Wingman XB2, then give it a close look – it works wonderfully! Everything worked perfectly in my testing, though I did have one issue: sometimes the adapter wouldn’t connect to my controller if it was plugged into my PC or Xbox when connected when the console was powered on; if I unplugged and replugged, all issues instantly resolved. Accepts FightSticks, wired and wireless gamepads and fightsticks across Xbox and Playstation, plus bluetooth support for wireless console and USB controllers. This not only saves you money but also means that you can use the controllers you have grown accustomed to. I didn't personally test any of the controllers using the adapter on my PC but I have no reason to think it would function any differently than it does on console.

Now this news is good, as if you require an Adaptive controller, you have been limited as to which console you could use it on, but no more – plug it into your old 360 and you can play with it. Well, they will still work, but you have to plug those ones in with a cable, as they don’t run on bluetooth technology. It works swimmingly, though it should be said that only one controller at a time can be used on the Wingman, while the official MS adapter can be used for more.

Button mapping and turbo fire, although frustrating to set up, worked well once I was able to get them finally working. This was pretty mind blowing, to be honest, having sat there playing Forza Horizon 5 with a PS4 controller. With that nerve wracking mystery solved, I was finally able to pop the converter onto my devices and see how well it ran. New SEGA Astro City mini controller; MEGA Drive mini controller; PS3/ PS4 Fight Sticks; Hori - Taiko Drum Controller for the NS/PS4 and IINE - Taiko Drum Controller (288 version for ps4/switch/pc); Flight Stick (Must be updated to XB FS version) are supported. There are a wide variety of other controllers that are also compatible, including a lot of 3rd party controllers, 125+ to be exact, but I wasn't able to evaluate those.

Update its firmware out of the box using a PC and then you have the nicest adaptor to use all your controllers (bluetooth or usb) in the same device. Latency was low in everything I tested, and I never could blame the adapter for my mistakes while playing. Every expected feature that they said should work worked well, and the DS4 touchpad doubles as an extra Xbox Guide button (aka home button). I will sometimes switch controllers between games, or even switch just to relieve pain points in my aging hands just so I can keep playing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment