276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Litter of Bones: A Scottish Crime Thriller (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With its first brilliant opening chapter, I was hooked! Although the story is about horrific crimes there is humour throughout . I loved this book with all its twists and turns and then the astonishing reveal at the end! I will probably read another in this series since I enjoyed the author's style and the majority of the book but it would be difficult to recommend it.

A Litter of Bones by J.D. Kirk | Waterstones

I didn't find it to be any more gratuitously violent than any normal police drama on TV, (E.G. Bones. There is some SUPER gross stuff on Bones and this book doesn't even come close to that level) Murder generally produces a corpse. So you can pretty much bet on there being at least one dead body in a murder mystery. If that's a problem, maybe this isn't your genre. Kirk says that he had made up his mind to become a writer at the age of nine. He had completed a class assignment on author Roald Dahl and realized for the first time that writing can also help people earn money. And as Kirk loved both money and writing, it seemed like he had found his perfect match. Subsequently, Kirk attempted to write and publish his first piece at the age of 11 when he submitted a letter in a Batman comic. Though he did not receive any money for his effort, it was enough for him to get his name printed as a writer and thereby cemented his ambition. And over the course of the next thirty years, Kirk successfully published more than a hundred novels under different pen names. He also wrote several animation scripts, comics, and also a few screenplays of feature-length films.A Litter of Bones is the explosive debut crime thriller novel from JD Kirk, an exciting new voice in Scottish crime fiction. There was NO sex, gratuitous or otherwise and this I greatly appreciate. It's rarely important to the plot anyway, So refreshing not to have the male detective trying to get with the female detective or vice versa. Instead, they focused on solving the actual crime. Amazing. To say more would spoil so many of the amazing twists and turns in this incredible book. This is a phenomenal novel and the reveal left me with my mouth gaping open.

A Litter of Bones: A Scottish Crime Thriller (DCI Logan Crime

The setting of the novel is a small town in the Scottish countryside, and Kirk does an excellent job of creating an atmosphere of isolation and unease. The descriptions of the landscape, the weather, and the small-town atmosphere serve to create a sense of place that is both eerie and familiar. I had high hopes for this series - Scottish crime story with a great narrator - but there is excruciating detail of animal torture and child cruelty in this first book. Nuoširdus pastebėjimas, kad knyga savo siužetu labai panaši į visai neseniai skaitytą kito autoriaus knygą, ir tai šiek tiek sumenkino netikėtumo faktorių, tačiau smagu, kad čia buvo visai kitokia knygos baigtis. Ir tai tik pirmoji serijos knyga, net neabejoju, kad tai buvo nelemtas sutapimas 🤭 Kaulų upė" lengvo siužeto, bet labai įtraukiantis detektyvas. Smalsu sužinoti, kur toliau Loganą nuves likimas, nes tikrai skaitysiu ir sekančias serijos knygas. J.D.Kirk kūryba tikrai pasižymi savitu rašymo stiliumi ir begali kietais pagrindiniais knygos herojais ❤️ Some books appear on my TBR (physical or kindle) with me having no apparent recollection of adding them. I tend to add only books I really do want to read, so someone I trust must have recommended this to me - anyone want to own up? I’m bloody glad they did, whoever they were.When a tragic farm accident turns out to be foul play, DCI Harry Grimm finds himself up against a murderer years in the making and out for revenge. Trumpai apie siužetą, tai dingus berniukui detektyvas Loganas išsiunčiamas tirti pagribimo bylą, nes berniuko dingimo aplinkybės labai panašios į prieš 20 metų pagrobtų ir nužudytų berniukų atvejį. Ar atsirado pamėgdžiotojas, ar Loganas sučiupo ir nuteisė nekaltą žmogų? If there’s one thing that I love doing, it’s discovering new authors. This sounds a tad superficial but I was sold on this book from the moment I caught sight of the eye catching title and the dark mysterious and moody front cover, let alone from when I read the synopsis. Let’s just say that the synopsis sealed the deal and the book screamed ‘read me’ at me!! Oh my, ‘A Little Of Bones’ is one hell of a read, which I absolutely adored but more about that in a bit. This was very good. The protagonist is immediately likable and interesting, but at the same time a no-nonsense cop. The story developed at a good pace and the ending was not terribly predictable, although I did feel it was a little rushed. Like they went from clueless to A-ha! in 30 seconds and then everything just tumbled together in a hurry. JD Kirk is the pen name of multi-award-winning author, screenwriter, and writer of comics, Barry Hutchison.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment