276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nektar Panorama P1 MIDI Keyboard - Black/White

£49.995£99.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Soft2 requires the most force to reach the highest velocity value 127 and has an emphasis on the lower velocity values. The only thing is an actual pitch wheel has a spring where if I set up the P1 using the fader that could be a bit awkward. Still no luck after 5 hours of trying different combinations in Reaper and resetting factory setting on my new P1 controller. These rotary encoders can be toggled between pan and send levels (for up to eight sends) using the Toggle/View button. Read the end of my review to find out what I think about it now that I've had it integrated within my studio for a few weeks.

to be honest I just installed the last “software/driver” avaiable for the P6 and the Integrationfiles on a new and clean Windows 11 Pro install and it works fine in Cubase 12…all screens on th P6 are avaiable and respond like they should do. The 8 encoders to the right of the display control sends, inserts and macros for a selected channel. I’ve tried a number of these over the years but, as yet, never quite found something that really matched both my needs and my budget.

You couldn't for example, use one controller to manipulate the EQ and a second Panorama controller to access the controls of the delay plug-in. In this mode, you would need to use a combination of the P1’s comprehensive configuration options and those of your software application to map the various hardware controls to (for example) your DAW’s controls. It's extremely refreshing and I think it's a credit to the software that it convinced me to switch over from software that I was a lot more familiar with - no mean feat at all!

Maps can be easily tweaked by activating the “Learn” function from the hardware and even preset browsing is supported via Panorama’s dedicated “Patch -/+” buttons for internal instruments and plugins that use Studio One’s patch manager. Transpose*: Shifts the MIDI note numbers transmitted by the Panorama keyboard one semitone at a time. However Console 1 does look really slick in terms of navigating a session and there are benefits to having each knob do one basic function. And of course as a midi keyboard, ability to customize all the parameters while playing keyboard is quite an immersive experience.However, I'm very much looking forward to delving deeper in the near future; with Bitwig, the Panorama can even function as a step sequencer, which is something that I will be testing out very soon. if you're after a MIDI controller with a great feel and plenty of hands-on controls, I would seriously consider a Panorama controller. If you're using either Reason or Cubase and you need a MIDI controller then I would definitely recommend a Panorama. I am using the Nektar Impulse LX61+ with no problems but there are times that I just want to use the P1 instead of The Nektar Impulse LX61+. The screen on the Panorama will show a visual display of your current bank of faders, with a white mark on each to indicate the actual value of the parameter in the software.

This is handy because it means that if you find yourself working in another studio with another Panorama controller, you can simply transfer your file to the new computer and load it up for use with the keyboard/control surface and everything will be set up just as you like it! not ultra-compact but certainly not so big that space couldn’t be found for it in a fairly modest workspace. The “Track -/+” navigation buttons below the display let you change tracks (or mixer channels, depending on the mode), “Patch -/+” browses patches for Studio One internal instruments and instruments that save their patches inside Studio One, “View” toggles the visibility of all floating windows.

This option will allow you to cover the whole range of parameter values in a single turn, without acceleration. To control a strip of your plugins it has buttons that allow you to select the previous or next insert on the selected channel and presents eight parameters for the 8 encoders on the lcd screen. The P1, for example, would be a superb addition to a computer-based set-up for anyone who already owns a controller keyboard but wants more hands-on controls or a constant mixer controller. Of course, if you already have a favoured pad controller then the pads on the Panorama P4 and P6 can be assigned to act as hot keys for some of your favourite functions instead. e. they need to be connected to a sound-producing device or computer to be of use), they do provide a number of different controls for deep integration with your favourite software.

Like Nektar's Panorama P4 and P6 USB controller keyboards, the Panorama P1 features extensive generic MIDI controller capabilities that allow operating any DAW in a unique and direct way. The dedicated communication protocol ties Panorama and your DAW tightly together so all you have to do is select the mode and menu you want to control. I enjoy the integration of the Panorama with my DAW - I am on Logic - but it has specific integration to specific DAW's. Given the fact that I needed a keyboard, wanted the motorised fader, but did not have space for 61 keys, I naturally went for the P4 and I haven't looked back. However, with Tim's revelation that this type of tight integration is on the horizon for a selection of other DAWs, I couldn't help but get a little excited!

The sustain pedal was pressed and then unplugged, or it wasn’t plugged in when the Panorama power switch was set to ‘On’ (Panorama will sense the pedal’s polarity on power-up). When using these DAWs you can even use the Panorama's controls and bright screen to do things such as load plug-ins into insert slots in your tracks without looking at your computer! In addition the deep instrument and device control integration technology created by Nektar for Cubase and Reason enables transparent control, as if you were operating hardware. Considering what's on offer on the current market I would say that Panorama controllers represent good value for money when you consider what they give you. This is useful if, for example, you want to lock the P1 on an effects processor while playing an instrument that is being processed through that effect.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment