276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Can You Keep A Secret?

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once again Sophie Kinsella delivers a heroine that we want to cheer for and chastise at the same time! Emma is a lovable neurotic dreamer that I feel protective of. Spilling your deepest secrets, only to have them resurface at a very inopportune and public moment is a shame beyond measure. Yet she endures -- and triumphs. Kinsella builds these characters that we want to see succeed, although we hope they do learn a lesson or two along the way. The story is a big mouthful of pink cotton candy -- a light and fluffy romance. Fearing a plane crash, The heroine spills all her deepest secrets to a total stranger. Fortunately, their plane didn’t crash. Unfortunately, the total stranger turned out to be the CEO of her company. Worse, he manages to spill all her secrets on national television. Of course he didn't use her name, but she gave it away by her behavior. This is a delicious book! Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Can You Keep a Secret? (film) - Wikipedia Can You Keep a Secret? (film) - Wikipedia

I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom to Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching TV. you ever had that experience when something is really really funny but you can't laugh outright or even smile cos people around you will start getting wary? this book is deadly. you have to read it on some secluded (preferably enclosed [okay make it enclosed and sound-proof]) place so you can laugh without being hampered. Emma Corrigan is a New York junior marketing representative at Panda, an organic food company, in Chicago for a sales meeting. The client declines her pitch. Emma gets drunk on the flight home. When the plane hits turbulence, she thinks she will die, and reveals her personal and professional woes to a handsome stranger, including her dissatisfaction with her boyfriend, Connor. Connor meets her at the airport and suggests they move in together. She agrees but regrets it the next morning.While I wasn’t a fan of Emma (and of any other character in the story for that matter) and thought she was awful and ridiculous with every single decision she made (She says it’s good when it’s bad, okay when it’s not, yes when she means no, in short she lies all the time), the hilarity of her story and predictability of the more than slightly rubbish plot are entertaining. As a financial journalist on the magazine Pensions World, having to write the most boring articles in the world! Amongst the most famous and most beloved funny romance works of Sophie Kinsella, this book is frequently mentioned, and rightfully so. It is a standalone novel from the superb authoress, which was published in the year of 2003. What Is the Novel About? Emmeline Pankhurst, who led the suffrage movement. It seems incredible now that women didn’t have the vote, it’s something we all just take for granted. But it wouldn’t have happened without brave women like her. With time, Emma breaks the news to Connor and breaks up with him, asking him to be tightlipped about the whole ordeal, but Connor can’t exactly keep a secret, so he embarrasses her at a party. Becoming Deeper

Can You Keep a Secret? - Macmillan Can You Keep a Secret? - Macmillan

Even though this wasn't exactly what I was initially looking for, I still had a reallyreallyreally good time reading it! It was just a super cute romance-y little story about a young woman in the middle of getting serious about her career path, finding a man she loves, and simultaneously growing a set of balls.

Become a Member

Emma believes that she is in the clear when she leaves the plane, as she is confident that she will never see that stranger again. However, when he shows up at work, and turns out to be the company's founder, she is forced to come face-to-face with the man, her secrets, and the desire for her life to change. [1] Difference between editions [ edit ] Sophie Kinsella keeps her finger on the cultural pulse, while leaving me giddy with laughter.”—Jojo Moyes, author of The Giver of Stars and The Last Letter from Your Lover Have you ever been on a plane ride through hell and you got so scared, you thought it was better to say what you have been dying to say all your life before you crash? I feel that way every time, honestly! Although I wouldn’t go into so much detail as Emma did in “Can You Keep A Secret?” It’s my first Sophie Kinsella read and although it wasn’t completely successful, I have a feeling I’ll enjoy her YA novel, Finding Audrey more. Here’s my lovely friend’s, Alice’s review of said YA book.

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella Download [PDF] [EPUB] Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella Download

In 2014 she published a Young Adult novel Finding Audrey about a teenage girl with social anxiety and her madcap family, and in January 2018, Sophie published her first illustrated book for young readers about the charming adventures of a mother-daughter fairy duo, Mummy Fairy and Me (also published as Fairy Mom and Me). Kinsella’s witty take on mundane office and family life will really make you laugh out loud. . . . Move over, Bridget [Jones]!” — Evening Chronicle (U.K.) Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets: Emma is in an airplane which is being tossed about in heavy turbulence, and when pure panic seizes her, she bursts out to the stranger sitting beside her ... Turns out, it's more fun than I was expecting. The book started out in such a way that I was expecting to give up before making it past a few chapters. I practically sighed with exasperation over the flighty, bumbling, office girl who embarrasses herself in front of her boss without knowing who he is. The thoughts in my head were practically burning a hole in the Nook. No, I don't care about what crappy fashion you're wearing to the office. No, I don't care that you're really a size 12 but tell people you're an 8. No, I don't care that you have a lame ass boyfriend who listens to jazz and likes bad movies.Kinsella first began studying Music, however, she had a change of heart and made a change to PPE (Politics, Philosophy, and Economics). She attended Putney High School, St. Mary’s School near Shaftesbury, Sherborne School for Girls, and New College, Oxford. Upon graduation, but prior to becoming a full-time author, Kinsella took up a job as a financial journalist. My career’s a complete joke. I’m not a top businesswoman at all. I haven’t got a team. I’m just a crappy assistant and I just had my first ever big meeting and it was a complete disaster. Half the time I haven’t a clue what people are talking about, I don’t know what logistical means, I’m never going to get promoted, and I owe my dad four thousand quid, and I’ve never really been in love...” There were some very hilarious moments in this story. Emma is absolutely engaging – she’s an adorable mess! It would be a delight to be around such a woman, although she has the morals of an alley cat. She's a "self-made career girl" and a future marketing executive. All in her head of course. So it's no wonder she gets herself into such tangles. She lives in her head! I think everyone knows people like this and can't help laughing at them when they get into trouble. I love the fact that she gets herself into constant binds, but good things invariably end up happening to her in the end. I think we all like a lovable loser, don't we? Emma Corrigan is a young woman in London, England. She is in a stable, but dull, relationship with the "perfect" man, and is currently attempting to climb the corporate ladder at Panther Cola, a multi-national cola company headquartered in London. Satisfied with life, she is thrown off-kilter when she mistakenly blurts out all of her inner secrets to a complete stranger on a plane when it hits turbulence and she believes she is going to die.

Can You Keep A Secret? by Sophie Kinsella | Waterstones

Just as I was about to hit "delete" and ditch the book from my ereader, something happened. I started laughing. A LOT. Not the polite little giggly "oh that's cute" type of laughter. The snorting, choking, oh-my-god I'm dying laughter. My husband even looked up from his zombie like trance mid-video-game to give me a wtf? look.

Anyway. I've been on the hunt for really funny fluff this past month and finally decided to pull the trigger on my first Sophia Kinsella book. Supposedly, this was a HI-LARIOUS rom-com, and I was in the market for exactly that. Kinsella’s] dialogue is sharp, even her minor characters are well drawn, and her parody of the marketing world is very funny.” — Washington Post Book World

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment