276°
Posted 20 hours ago

2 pack Tropical Fields Crispy Coconut Rolls

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

empty coconut tins of self rising flour”. Can you provide other measurement for this? Maybe in cups or grams…..i can’t figure what 2 empty coconut tins means and the size would probably vary. Thank you so much.

Then cover with the tea bowl or plastic wrap, and allow to rise for a further 45 minutes, until the rolls are touching each other.

Each time I make these rolls I use a different pan! It really doesn’t matter, so use what you have to hand. Sanna is a wife and mother of three, living in Alberta, Canada. Her passion for baking, making good food and writing sparked her desire to start Woman Scribbles.

Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover the bowl, and allow the dough to rise, at room temperature, until it's nearly doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Rising may take longer, especially if you've kneaded by hand. Give it enough time to become quite puffy. Grated coconut can be substituted with shredded coconut. Use fresh unsweetened shredded coconut and process it in a food processor or blender to make it fine. Dry flakes or desiccated coconut will not work for this recipe. Make the dough: In a large bowl, mix the yeast with the sugar. Stir in the warm milk and let rest for 5 minutes. Stir in the egg, then the flour, coconut milk, and butter. Knead the dough and let rest in the bowl, covered with a warm, wet towel in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. To test if the dough is well kneaded, use the windowpane test. Take some dough and stretch it gently with your hands until it forms a thin film (almost see through). If you can form the film without the dough tearing, the dough is well kneaded. If you use a ring pan to bake them, each individually will still look like a coconut roll although the whole will look like a round wreath, similar to a roscón/ rosca de reyes (Three King’s cake) although the toppings are different.Since coconut milk does not last well at room temperature, these rolls are best stored in the refrigerator if you wish to keep them for more than a day due to the coconut milk glaze. The rolls are best consumed with 2 to 3 days. Reheat in an oven before consuming.

I love sampling local eats when I travel. We poked our heads in every bakery we came across. They all smelled like coconut. Almost every bread we sampled had some sort of coconut element to it. My favorite pastry was a coconut sweet roll. It really was love at first bite and I knew I’d be replicating the recipe at home to share with all of you. Pour the coconut milk into a food processor. Use the empty tin to measure out the self-raising flour. Add the flour and salt to the food processor and process until a smooth dough. We recently went on a trip to the southern Caribbean to the island of Curacao. It was heavenly. We had quite a number of adventures there including snorkeling to a sunken tugboat and riding an ostrich, but those are stories for another time. One of my favorite things about the island was the food. Every night I felt like I was touring a version of Top Chef Caribbean.Coconut in shredded form (thin short strips) will not be as good as grated coconut. You can still use shredded coconut, just process it in a food processor to make it fine and use as indicated in the recipe. In a bowl, add the water and heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals until it is warm to touch. Then add the yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar from the dough ingredients. Give it a stir and let stand for 5 - 10 minutes until frothy. Place some plastic wrap over the pan and keep at room temperature for 2-3 days. When you are ready to eat, you can pop one in the microwave for 15 seconds to warm slightly.

To make strips out of the topping, you can either put it in a piping bag and pipe them on top of the buns or if your mixture turns out to be stiffer, roll small portionsinto strips against a floured surface. Salt - The salt in the coconut filing is very important as it really makes a difference to the taste, so do not skip the salt. In addition, do not confuse our coconut bread rolls with the Samoan Pani Popo which is smaller, less sweet, and has no filling. It looks like more a sweet bun than a roll. Let the glaze soak into the coconut rolls. The coconut rolls are ready to be served as soon as they turn warm. They are also good when served completely cooled down. If the dough is still 'wet', add a little more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.These buns can be stored at room temperature in a covered container for 2-3 days. You can heat them up in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to eat the leftovers. Personally, I don’t think these coconut buns will last that long. If you are using a store-bought refrigerated crescent roll dough, try to roll out the dough on a floured surface as a whole as you can and then mend the pieces together forming a rectangle. Follow the same directions to fill it, roll it up into a log, cut, and brush with melted butter. There will be no need to wait for 30 minutes because they will not rise! In fact, you will save more than 90 minutes because you won’t prepare the dough from scratch and wait to rise it two times. The coconut glaze is added on as soon as the rolls are out of the oven to allow it to soak into the rolls. By the time the coconut rolls cool down, the glaze gets beautifully absorbed into the buns, making them soft and sweet, and aromatic. Jump to:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment