276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NEUMI BS5 Passive Bookshelf Speakers, 5-Inch Woofer, 1-Inch Tweeter, Dark Wood, 1 Pair

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With the speaker tested in the configuration discussed (again, Updated EQ, ports stuffed), this is an entirely different ballgame than with my previous testing. If you have decided to invest in a front-ported bookshelf speaker, make sure you go for the options discussed in this guide. Higher volumes were done simply to test the output capability in case one wants to try to sit further away.

Neumi BS5 Bookshelf Speaker Review and Analysis Neumi BS5 Bookshelf Speaker Review and Analysis

If I didn't have the NFS I most likely would have just offered some LW measurements for each subsequent test. There is a Youtube channel that compared 4 very cheap centers (Frugal Audiophile), and I think he said the Micca was the 2nd best, with a newer Dayton slightly beating it (but the other Dayton center was the worst). I dread having to remeasure anything with a passion, so I appreciate it, even if the NFS makes it a little less painful .Utilizing a minimum of measurement points, a comprehensive data set is generated containing the loudspeaker’s high resolution, free field sound radiation in the near and far field. Bookshelf speakers are designed to produce meaty sounds, but not everyone has the right piece of information to make a good purchase. Yes that's exactly what I was wondering about -- that if it's an issue with the cabinet design, whether plugging the port would really help.

Looking for some budget speakers | AVS Forum

And in my YouTube videos I would use screen-sharing to walk through the data and explain the takeaways from my point-of-view. I have seen other 5-inch woofers with higher linear excursion than what these woofers are seemingly capable of but just one of those drive-units alone costs more than this pair of speakers. In this case, with the updated EQ options, I thought it worthwhile to get the SPIN as well to see if there was anything else going on with the crossover. I then pulled up the Neumi’s BS5 manual here is the link where I saw placement recommendations, and some other bits of information which all gave me the impression the manufacturer cares about how the user listens to their product rather than the old “sink or swim” attitude low-cost products leave you with.Some manufacturers are pretty eager for exposure and would be happy to send you out stuff, especially if you aren't charging anything for the review. I blame some of it on the measurement (the seat has a clear impact; I've tested it) and the HT speakers placed behind the bookshelf speakers. Got me thinking maybe a serious center and good size subs (atleast dual 12s) can make up the lost ground. I measured a ±3dB response from 64Hz - 20kHz but only if you ignore the dip in response around 800Hz. There is a prediction calculation to determine how much a person might prefer a certain speaker based on Sean Olive's work.

Neumi BS5 Bookshelf Speaker Review : r/BudgetAudiophile - Reddit Neumi BS5 Bookshelf Speaker Review : r/BudgetAudiophile - Reddit

Ive been suggesting these on the forum so figure its my duty to document anything funky that comes up. Therefore, they are best used in the near/midfield and not ideal for a large home theater setting, even if you plan to use a subwoofer. I didn't have a chance to run Dirac Live so I can't speak to what the sound would be post room correction. This test will consist of the following four (4) SPINORAMA cases and then I’ll provide more in-depth results of the fourth option.It comes with a silk dome tweeter that boosts speaker responsiveness, allowing users to enjoy luscious and high-fidelity sounds.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment