276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sofirn SC18 Torches LED Super Bright Rechargeable Torch Flashlight 1800 Lumens IPX8 Waterproof, EDC Light with Side Switch 6 Modes,USB Hand Torch for Camping, Hiking and Emergency Use

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sofirn included onboard USB C charging in the SC18 and it optionally comes with a protected Sofirn button top battery. A rubber flap covers the USB-C charging port and it charges the supplied battery in around 80 minutes. Adding a magnet as a conductive spacer to the top of this battery takes up the slack and works ok, but I think you’re better off using button top protected cells in this torch. A useful general purpose beam with both throw and spill and decent output with good runtimes with excellent regulated constant outputs in the lower modes. If you compare it to another light with a rosier tint, the green will show more, but on its own, it’s not bad.

I prefer the user interface on the Baton 3 and the charging case is great but I like the standard USB-C charging on the Fenix and the non-rechargeable CR123A battery support. Fully charged the included 3000mAh rechargeable 18650 battery in 60 minutes through a USB Type A to USB Type C cable and a 5A/2V charger without disassembling the light. USB Type-C Rechargeable: Integrated USB Type C charging, it will recharge quickly anywhere if there is access to a USB outlet. As always, the light gets less green and more white as the power increases, but even on turbo it’s well above the BBL.It has a nice design and good build quality and comes with a power bank feature so the USB-C charging port works both ways. Initially I was looking at all these torches as a replacement for my battered 10 year old Fenix E15 which is still going strong.

Unlike on the Sofirn SC18, there’s no silk-screened logo to indicate the battery direction (this is fine for me.The “head” section has deep cooling fins cut into the side, with the circular button at the front, above the Sorfirn name and model. Leading Performance: This LED flashlight is equipped with SST-40, easily lighting up the path in front of you with significantly improved throw: it delivers a maximum output of 1800lm at a distance of up to 217 meters, producing a particularly soft and balanced beam profile to preserve comfortable vision.

There are some generic flashlight graphics and contact information on it, and the only indication of what model is inside is on the barcode sticker on the back. Thank goodness I’m hearing this from you, I was about to do just that - get an if19 and reflow an sft40 in. That way as I curl my fingers around the torch resting underneath the clip, my thumb naturally sits right on the side switch. Turbo turned on at an impressive 1310 lumens, was still at 1299 lumens after 10 seconds, 1282 lumens at 30 seconds, and pretty much as spec’d dropped to 290 lumens after 90 seconds where it remained at 5 and 10 minutes and for as long as I measured its output. And also introduced a few technical terms – so it’s worth a read / watch if anything I cover in this video needs further explanation.Killer value imo, I mean, people out there have no issue with Nitecore and Olight using CW emitters, it’s more those that are heavily into flashlights that enjoy high cri and warmer tints. The sleeve has all of the relevant information on it: A picture of the light and key points on the front, and a description, feature list, specifications, and contact info on the back. There’s also the enthusiast’s favourite the Emisar D4V2 which you can configure however you like – front LEDs, switch LED, body colour etc.

Unfortunately the tailcap is not magnetic which is very useful for hands free operation and a feature I look for in these pocket torches. The Olight Baton 3 Pro is the most compact 18650 torch I’ve tested and almost the perfect EDC torch. This isn’t too bad, but the output is not regulated above around 125 lumens so is dependent on battery voltage.

Rather unusually for a torch this size, the TS10 has a tail switch to turn it on and operate all its functions. It slowly dropped to 487 lumens at 5 minutes and then slowly dropped to 327 lumens, where it remained constant for the remainder of my measurements. If you think accidentally activating a 10-lumen low mode when you’re expecting moonlight is bad, hitting low on the SC32 will leave you blinking for a minute afterward.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment