276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dolmio Stir In Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce, Bulk Multipack ,150 g (Pack of 7)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Stir the contents of one pot of sauce through 300g of freshly cooked hot pasta. Ensure product is thoroughly heated and piping hot throughout. Once, I gave a friend a recipe with instructions on which specific ingredients to use. The friend made the recipe and then told me, “It didn’t taste as good as yours.” After a brief investigation, I realized that she had substituted inferior quality ingredients. If you want the best results, use the best ingredients!

UPDATED July 7, 2016: eating authentic Italian pasta as part of the Mediterranean diet, can actually aid in weight loss according to a recent study. Taste the sauce, if it doesn't taste delicious, it probably just needs a little more salt. Turn off the heat and add the fresh basil (I tear mine into pieces). Also, unless absolutely necessary, do not wash your basil. Wipe it with a damp paper towel instead, so the water doesn't ruin the flavor and aroma. You can top this dish with some freshly grated authentic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or Pecorino Romano, however, know that Italians don’t add a strong cheese to a light, fresh sauce like this one. At this point, you shouldn’t really need to add any salt and pepper. I like to eat pasta with a fresh cayenne pepper and nice glass of red wine. Squeeze the garlic cloves over the roasted tomatoes and add the mascarpone, Parmesan and basil. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes, crushing them with your hands as you put them in the pan, and chilli, raise the heat slightly and leave to bubble away while you cook the spaghetti.Stir with a wooden spoon and lower to a medium heat, or higher. It is important that this sauce is cooked at a fast simmer, as it is cooked briefly. Add the salt and continue to simmer at a fast pace, and stir often, WITHOUT THE LID.

Drain the pasta, saving some of the cooking water, or use tongs to lift it directly into the sauce pan, then stir or jolt the pan vigorously, adding a little cooking water if it seems at all stiff. Serve immediately.TIP: allocate one wooden spoon for making your Italian tomato sauce. Don’t use it for other dishes, especially something like a white sauce, as it can flavor more delicate recipes. Here’s mine; can you tell I’ve made quite a lot of tomato sauce over the years? I’ve seen news stories where tomatoes were brought from China, then canned in Italy so they could say “made in Italy”. They added color and all sorts of nasty things, so don’t just rely on the label. See the “Il Pomodori di Napoli”? These are from Naples, so they’re the real deal and delicious! Discover lots of new canned tomato recipes that you can enjoy on my latest post! Pour the oil into a large saute pan (not a deep pot) over medium high heat. Crush the garlic and add it to the oil (if you want a spicy sauce, you can add some hot pepper, fresh or flakes, at this point). Saute the garlic until it just starts to brown, then add the parsley. CAVEAT: If you substitute any of the ingredients which I list, or alter any of the directions, you must realize that you will not have the same outcome, or the same flavor as the sauce that I describe here. Cooking your pizza sauce? You’re doing it wrong!

This is also a base for many other types of sauces, including penne alla vodka and penne arrabbiata.If you want to add both onion and garlic to this sauce, you may, but I’d suggest making it as written the first time. How do you make Marinara Sauce? For example, you can make this same sauce in a deep pot, cook it longer and add meatballs for a different sauce. And I just happen to have an authentic Italian meatball recipe for you. That’s what happens when your mother is born in Italy! Bring a large pan of water to a boil for the pasta. Working off the heat, put the oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic. Put the pan on a low heat so the olive oil and garlic warm gently, until the latter is very softly sizzling in a coat of bubbles. Serving pasta in a bowl, instead of a plate, keeps it hotter. I served it on a plate here as it’s nicer to show in photos, but I always serve pasta in bowls (this is the norm in Italy, too.) Now, what is a marinara sauce in Italy? Unless it’s a pizza, marinara refers to seafood (the English word “marine” comes from Latin. “Mare” in Italian means “sea”.) So this recipe is more of a marinara sauce in Italy. A bit confusing, especially since I just realized that most Americans searching for this recipe are googling “marinara sauce”, and they’ll probably never find it! 😭Actually, this is not “my” recipe—this is a basic recipe that millions of Italians have used for ages to make one type of Italian pasta sauce. It’s the equivalent to posting a recipe for a basic hamburger in the US.

As promised, here is my own “how to make tomato sauce” post. This is continued from my last rant ( here) where I dissected BuzzFeed’s attempt to write a recipe for making “the best” tomato sauce, explaining why it was all wrong. (I HAVE ADDED A LINK TO A TIK TOK VIDEO!) 🍝

How to Freeze Italian Tomato Sauce

Does it taste good? If you made a sour face, they’re probably not going to make a great sauce. If the answer is “Yes, they’re sweet and tasty!” then you’ve found the right tomatoes, and they will make a great sauce! Put the cherry tomatoes and rosemary in a large roasting tin. Drizzle with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Using a sharp knife, slice off the tip of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Put the bulb on a square of foil, cut-side up. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in the foil. Simply stir the sauce into cooked pasta and ensure product is thoroughly heated and piping hot throughout. Do not reheat.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment