276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ubiquiti Networks etc-24-poe gene 2-switch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The USW-Flex-XG is a 2nd gen model, with one 1 Gbps and four 1/2.5/5/10 Gbps RJ45 Ethernet ports. No PoE. The USW-EnterpriseXG-24 is a 2nd gen model, with twenty-four 1/2.5/5/10 Gbps RJ45 and two 25 Gbps SFP28 interfaces. No PoE. There’s a lot to cover when it comes to PoE, so I’ll try to keep it as simple as possible. There are 4 main types of PoE to know about: Managed and configured by the UniFi Network Controller with UniFi mobile app support, the USW-24-POE offers an extensive suite of advanced Layer 2 switching protocols and features, including operation mode (switching, mirroring, or aggregate) per port. The UniFi Network Controller and mobile app allow admins to configure and monitor virtually all of the switch features in a graphical user interface from anywhere. Also worth noting — if serial console out-of-band management port is something you need, the first generation switches have it, and the second generation models do not. XG UniFi Switches

Ubiquiti UniFi 24 Port PoE Pro Switch (USW-Pro-24-POE) - 4Gon Ubiquiti UniFi 24 Port PoE Pro Switch (USW-Pro-24-POE) - 4Gon

We recommend that you protect your networks from harmful outdoor environments and destructive ESD events with industrial-grade, shielded Ethernet cable from Ubiquiti. For more details, visit: ui.com/toughcable Putting the L2/L3 differences aside, the 2nd generation pro models also have some other advantages over the non-pro UniFi switches. 2nd Gen Pro models addOne limitation of the regular second generation switches is their limited PoE budget. PoE budget refers to the total amount of power available for all PoE devices. Since the non-pro 2nd generation models are fanless, they also have smaller power supplies, and a smaller PoE budget. I’ll use the PoE, PoE+, PoE++ names as shorthand. It is important to consider the type of PoE you need for your devices, and to make sure that you have enough PoE budget on your switch to power all your devices. Otherwise, you will need to rely on separate power injectors. PoE Passthrough We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: Ubiquiti UniFi Gen2 Switches offer a variety of features, including 10G SFP+ ports, PoE+ or PoE++ support, and Layer 3* switching capabilities. (*Layer 3 switching will be available in a future software release) The main point I’m trying to make here is that if you expect a UniFi switch to be your only layer 3 device, you’re going to be disappointed. Adding layer 3 at the switch level usually doesn’t make sense in small to medium sized networks, and I wouldn’t recommend relying on UniFi layer 3 switches in general. If you’re working on a large multi-building network with high requirements, UniFi may not be the best fit. I’ll cover this in more detail if I ever get around to finishing my USW-Enterprise-8-PoE review.

USW-24 Quick Start Guide - Ubiquiti USW-24 Quick Start Guide - Ubiquiti

Most UniFi switches operate at layer 2, meaning they can handle VLANs but cannot act as a router. The 2nd generation pro and enterprise UniFi switches have some layer 3 features such as static inter-VLAN routing and DHCP, but they require a separate router or firewall for everything else. UniFi L3 switches can’t compete with a true enterprise product from a vendor like Cisco or Juniper. UniFi switches are a fraction of the price and don’t require licensing, so they compete in different markets. As with all network design and purchasing decisions, what matters most is your budget and your use case. Have lower fan noise — the non-pro models are fanless. The pros have fans, but are quieter than the 1st generation models.Enterprise is a level above pro, featuring 2.5 or 10 Gbps RJ45 Ethernet ports,, and 10 Gbps SFP+ or 25 Gbps SFP28 interfaces.The USW-Flex-XG does not support L3 operation, but offers multiple 10 Gbps RJ45 ports in a small desktop enclosure. EdgeMAX products are managed with a per-device web interface, or via SSH. These web interfaces are not as polished or pretty as UniFi, but they expose more advanced features than UniFi does. EdgeSwitches also have the full EdgeOS CLI for configuration. If you’re familiar with JunOS or IOS, you’ll be able to figure out your way around. See Ubiquiti’s CLI Command Reference user guide for more details. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: Have a small touchscreen on the left side of the device, like the UDM-Pro. This screen shows stats and info about the device, and the network it is on. They also integrate with the UniFi AR feature, which lets you use a phone to virtually see what is connected to each port.

Ubiquiti USW-PRO-24-POE Gen2 24-Port PoE+ Gigabit - Scan

Passive 24V and 48V PoE — Ubiquiti’s standard, mostly used on EdgeMAX, AirMAX, and older UniFi devices The US-XG-6-PoE has four 1/2.5/5/10 Gbps RJ45 Ethernet ports with PoE++. It also has two 10 Gbps SFP+ interfaces. Ubiquiti calls them “Gen2” but I am going to call them 2nd generation. Whatever you call them, Ubiquiti’s newer UniFi switches split things into a few tiers. There are models which replace the 1st generation switches, and the higher pro and enterprise tiers.Expand and power your network with the UniFi® PoE Switch, part of the Ubiquiti® UniFi Enterprise System. It is available in twomodels: Basic layer 3 features like static routing (supported as of firmware version 4.3.13.11253) and inter-VLAN routing.

Ubiquiti USW-24-POE Gen2 24-Port Layer2 PoE+ with 2 x - Scan

EdgeSwitches are older, more traditional managed switches, with command line (CLI) and individual web interfaces for configuration. EdgeSwitches also have optional integration with the UISP software controller. The newer UISP-branded switches are tied closely to the UISP software, have no web interface, but still offer a CLI for manual configuration. I cover EdgeSwitch and UISP hardware briefly below, but I cover them in more detail in my UISP Switch review. To break the dozens of models into understandable chunks, the first thing to cover is the 1st vs. 2nd generation. An easy way to identify which generation they belong to is what their model name begins with: The 2nd generation Pro models feature L3 support, higher PoE budgets, and 10 Gbps SFP+ or 25 Gbps SFP28 interfaces. The USP-RPS can be used for redundant power on all models that support it. The Ubiquiti UniFi USW-24-POE is a configurable, Gigabit Layer 2 switch with 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports including 16 auto-sensing 802.3at PoE+ ports, and two SFP ports.It’s also worth pointing out that PoE devices don’t always consume their maximum rated power draw. The spec sheet will specify the maximum amount the device can use, but during normal operation they won’t use that much. For example, the U6-Pro requires 802.at PoE+ or 48V passive, and maxes out at 13W. During normal use it usually consumes around 5 to 7 watts of power. The Ubiquiti UniFi USW Pro 24-POE is a configurable, Gigabit Layer 2 and Layer 3 switch with auto-sensing 802.3at PoE+ and 802.3bt PoE++. The UniFi PoE Switch features fanless, silent thermal cooling*, so it can be deployed in areas where fan noise would be distracting. EdgeSwitches are more flexible and capable, and are a better fit for network operators, WISPs, managed service providers, and other more advanced networks. If you need features like link aggregation, TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1X, MAC filtering, ACLs, or static routing, you’re better off with an EdgeSwitch than a UniFi switch. UniFi switches support many of these features, but are often less configurable, poorly documented, and less reliable. For information about compatible fiber SFP modules, visit: ubnt.link/UniFi_SFP_DAC_Compatibility Specifications

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment