276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Borrow a Bookshop Holiday (The Borrow a Bookshop, 1)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is the third book in the series and I have read them all so far. I really like the thought of being able to borrow-a-bookshop although I would probably want to keep all of the books. This really is a great series and whilst it is nice to meet Joy and Radia who are the current borrowers of the bookshop, it is also nice to catch up with some familiar characters.

Enter Monty, one of the fishing twins, who has had to give up his passion for being on the family boat with his brother to work in the local pub as a chef, dreaming up wonderful seafood recipes while having to serve up pies and sausage and mash to the pub food expectant holiday guests. I loved which familiar characters were present, and fact the whole town is getting ready for an epic wedding, although whether having Minty organise it, is a good or bad thing is another matter! Joy is a single mother travelling job to job with her bubbly toddler, while carrying her ghosts from the past. I instantly took a liking to Joy and you can't help but sympathise with her, but be proud of her at the same time. And her daughter Radia is a pure delight. Talkitive, extroverted, understanding, and childish, I found myself whiching for such a companion. Other characters are well written too, notably Patti, Monty and Mrs C.Related: You might enjoy this post about other books about books and stories set in bookshops and libraries! (listed at the end of the new review)

And the latest borrowers are a bit different, as it's Joy with her 5 year old daughter Radia who are staying this time, but in theory not to sell books or open the cafe, but to do all the tech upgrades ahead of the bookshops re-opening. A third visit to Clove Lore and the Borrow a Bookshop series, and I couldn’t have been happier. I enjoy catching up with old friends and all the characters we previously met, but also it was a pleasure to read about Joy and wonderful, funny and smart Radia, who really made this book for me. Easily read as a standalone, I recommend reading the previous books as they a great reads. Guest borrowers may borrow up to 10 items for a minimum of 7 days and up to 4 weeks if items are not held or recalled for other users.Some items are for use in the Library only. Can you hear that?! It’s the call of the sea! Come escape to the magic of Clove Lore on the Cornish coast!THE BORROW A BOOKSHOP Series is out NOW and is just as swoony and romantic as it sounds, I hope you love it! Something New at the Borrow a Bookshop” is beautiful continuation of the story of the bookshop where borrowers, shop keepers, and now digital nomads find a happy and safe space to relax, grow and meet kindred spirits becoming part of a community, whether they mean to or not! The magic of Clove Law had me smiling & crying in equal measure alongside it’s quirky inhabitants. If you used other software to access your book, you can't return it early but the item will be automatically returned at the end of the loan period.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment