276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kitsch Hair Growth | Rice Shampoo Bar for Strengthening | Helps Dry Hair | Made in US | All Natural | Moisturizing | Vegan Solid Shampoo Bar for Hair | Rice Water Shampoo Bar | Zero Waste, 3.2 oz

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As we age, our hair and scalp go through many changes. For starters, our natural oil production decreases, leaving hair feeling thinner and more prone to breakage. If you’re looking for ways to reduce your plastic waste, these solid shampoos can be a good choice in our experience. The vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins C and E, calcium, magnesium, and selenium [ source ] in rice water can nourish the scalp and promote healthy hair growth . Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that can improve blood circulation to the scalp, while inositol, a carbohydrate found in rice water, can help to strengthen hair and reduce breakage. 2. Rice water strengthens hair Two solid anionic surfactants form the bulk of the dry phase of this formulation; Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) and Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSa). Both are natural, gentle surfactants made from coconut oil. Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) contributes a really rich, velvety lather while Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSa) bumps the fluffiness factor. I’m often asked about using just Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) in bar formulations; the reason I haven’t done that is because Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) is limited at 49.87% in rinse-off applications. So, if you want more solid surfactant than 49.87%, you need to choose something else—like Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSa)!

Shampoo hair: Begin by wetting your hair thoroughly with warm water. Apply a small amount of rice water shampoo to your scalp, and massage gently with your fingertips to work up a lather. Continue shampooing your hair in sections, starting at the scalp and working your way down to the ends. Rinse hair: After shampooing, rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water until the hair feels clean. You may need to rinse for several minutes to ensure that all of the rice water has been rinsed out. Finish by rinsing your hair with cool water to help seal the hair cuticles and promote shine. Where are the suds?: Homemade rice water shampoo may not produce as much lather as conventional shampoo since it doesn't contain chemical-based soap or synthetic foaming agents. This doesn't mean that the shampoo is ineffective—just that it's cleaning your hair and scalp without the suds that you're probably used to. Alternatively, you can skip the soap nuts and use liquid Castile soap instead. Simply complete steps 3 through 5. After you've strained out the rice, combine 2 cups of liquid Castile soap with the rice water and mix well.The benefits of rice water for skin are well known, so it's no wonder that it also works wonders on the scalp. Rice water contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that soothe and calm an inflamed scalp [ source ], which is often a cause of dandruff. The name of this hair elixir also serves as the ingredient list. Rice water is the starchy liquid created when rice is soaked or cooked in water.

Multitaskers, rejoice: Dinner and a ‘do is on the table. There’s no reason for you to throw out all that rice after making rice water, says Dr. Khetarpal. Nothing in the process makes the rice inedible. Rice water has been a staple beauty ingredient in Japanese culture for centuries, and geishas were known to use it as a key part of their beauty regimen. After soaking, boiling, or fermenting rice in water, the resulting vitamin-rich liquid was then used as a hair rinse or facial cleanser. And, because they’re more compact and lightweight, less space is required to transport them, reducing their carbon footprint even further. Side note: if you often struggle with suitcase space when you go on holiday (raises hand), their smaller size is a traveller’s dream. If your dough is too dry, you’ll need to add a few drops of water. This is likely to happen if you used a finer grain Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) than I did, as it has more surface area and will absorb more moisture. I used a very finely powdered Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI), so it is unlikely this will happen—I have never found a more finely powdered Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) than this. This is a common concern and often means you haven’t washed it out properly. To keep build-up to a minimum, use a little to start off with, building it up gradually and see how you get on. Also, try rinsing hair for 30 seconds longer than you usually would to remove every last trace.You can use a different fragrance oil if you want to, just be sure its usage rate for IFRA category 9A formulations is 0.4% (the amount used in this formulation) or higher. There are few DIY beauty ingredients as cheap, easy to find, and nourishing as rice. It fights inflammation, exfoliates dry skin, and has potent anti-aging effects—and that's just when it’s used on skin.

Some rice water shampoos contain only rice water as the active ingredient (although we consider this more of a rice water hair rinse ), while others make suds like traditional shampoo and include ingredients that provide additional benefits for hair and scalp health. Rice Water Shampoo Benefits S oap nuts — Unlike traditional liquid shampoo, this DIY rice water shampoo uses soap nuts instead of chemical detergents. Soap nuts create a natural surfactant that cleanses the scalp without stripping it of its natural oils. This bar contains about 11.5% water when it’s freshly made due to the water content in the Cocamidopropyl Betaine and the hydrolyzed rice protein. We’ll want to leave the bar to dry for a few days to allow some of that water to evaporate off, resulting in a very hard bar that’ll last a long time in the shower. I found the bar lost about 3% of its weight in 3–4 days, with diminishing losses after that. These bars are hard enough to use after one day (~1.5% water loss), but if you have the time, I think waiting until day 3 or 4 is worth it for the sweet spot of water lost to time left to age. Want to watch this project instead of reading it?To prevent hair from feeling weighed down, avoid roots and apply conditioner just to the mid-lengths and ends. Shape the dough into a bar-like lump/disc of your choosing and leave the bar to dry. I’d recommend at least 3–4 days (that’s enough time for the bars to lose ~3% of their weight). If you live somewhere quite humid I’d err on the side of more drying time rather than less as I live somewhere really dry, so that’s what my drying times are based on.

It has anti fungal and anti microbial properties, keeps your hair safe from scalp infections and lice Here you will learn the most simple and easy recipe to make diy rice shampoo bar at home. This shampoo bar is made using natural ingredients. Take note of the way your hair and scalp feels after the treatment. If you like the way things are looking and feeling, rice water might just be the thing your hair needed all along. But if your hair is feeling worse off than before, welp, now you know and can move on to finding a hair mask that does work for you. The final takeawayBridgette Hill is a certified trichologist, colorist, and the founder of the Root Cause Scalp Analysis.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment