276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Goodfellas [4K Ultra-HD] [1990] [Blu-ray] [2016]

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Also what is the BD version like? More often than not, a 'poor' UHD transfer has an even worse BD transfer so just because its cheaper, doesn't mean the gain isn't still significant. Is the remastered BD 'better' or are we assuming on this? Genuinely asking as I've been burnt by that before, thinking a 4K transfer isn't great, then immediately doing an AB comparison and seeing how poor the BD release is was somewhat eye opening. This new version is something of a landmark for Warner Brothers, because Goodfellas is its first "deep catalog" release in what

Goodfellas 4K Blu-ray / HDR - waste of money | AVForums Goodfellas 4K Blu-ray / HDR - waste of money | AVForums

Getting Made (SD, 30 min) — This making-of piece features interviews with cast and crew talking about the production and how the film came to be made. There is a great deal of talk on casting the roles and having to work with the legendary director. After listening to the first audio commentary, much of the information shared by everyone feels like a repeat. Still, it's a good, entertaining piece. This was one of WBs first catalogue UHDs and as we all know from bitter experience, PQ on discs get better as new tech and compression techniques allow the discs to get crammed more and more as time goes, giving us much better PQ - so this may very well suffer from 'early adopters' syndrome, again as with any tech/video technology - how many HD versions of things like The Fifth Element did we get before we got a great image? While I don't find it to be, as Roger Ebert phrased it, "The best mob movie ever made," it's right up their at the pinnacle of the mount. I love this film. would have adequate space. The new disc is the first opportunity for a broader public to get a look at how Goodfellas fares when

Similar titles you might also like

different reviewers means different opinions," and, boy, is that ever the case with this release. There have been a number of 1080 I had but a single problem with this beautiful 4k. I found the titles to be just a tad "on point," which gave them the look of being a tiny bit sharpened. O-ring slipcover branded with both the film title and The Film Vault's logo as well as numbering. This rigid clamshell box is emblazoned with newly The Workaday Gangster– As told by Henry Hill, the life he had versus the life he has now and how he couldn’t get out of the business. The Film Vault is obviously gearing these releases toward serious collectors, in terms of offering a unified appearance and the same sort of

Is It Worth An Upgrade? | Goodfellas 4K UltraHD Blu-ray Review Is It Worth An Upgrade? | Goodfellas 4K UltraHD Blu-ray Review

Again, I haven't seen the disc as I don't own it (hush, Goodfella's ain't anywhere near the top of my fave gangster pics....... ) and I'm not trying to rag on the kit involved (again, the above review is massively favourable). But with these new UHDs the benefits have the potential to be so incremental that we could very well have such small issues like the calibration on a specific TV being the difference between a 'good disc' and a 'not so good disc'. I’ll defend @RayP up to a point. Compared to say Blade Runner UHD or ET etc Goodfellas is not a stellar UHD. Goodfellas is both a warning and an invitation. It's a cautionary tale that tempts viewers to throw worthwhile technical asssessment which is decidedly different from Michael's. Making this a somewhat more problematic This release also includes two Blu-rays from the 25th Anniversary Blu-ray release. One featuring the film in 1080p, and the other containing a set of extras: DISC ONE – 4K MOVIEentirely that of its era, but it is reproduced here with beautiful clarity, distinct stereo separation (if An example is De Niro's portrayal of Jimmy Conway. His outward persona is that of a calm and reasonable nature. But really he is a paranoid killer who at the drop of a hat would kill even his closest associates for money. I use associates rather than friends, as their relationships are of tolerance rather than kinship. Distrust, hate and jealousy through the forced smiles.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment