276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SPACEBOY: The epic and funny new children’s book from multi-million bestselling author David Walliams

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

David Walliams has revolutionised reading for children and has become one of the most influential children’s writers today. Since the publication of his ground-breaking first novel, The Boy in the Dress (2008), Walliams has seen unprecedented growth with global sales exceeding 45 million copies, and his books translated into 55 languages. Collectively across his titles, David has celebrated over 70 weeks (non-consecutive) at number one in the overall book charts and more than 200 weeks (non-consecutive) at number one in the children’s charts – an unprecedented achievement for a children’s writer. One morning, deep in the forest, a beautiful baby panda is born. This panda is different to all the others, as he has dazzling orange fur. His mummy calls him Marmalade . . . And so begins the tale of a little panda who goes on a big adventure when he sets off alone to find out where he belongs. Cally Poplak, executive publisher, said: “Hot off the heels of securing the bestselling children’s book of 2022 we couldn’t be more excited to publish David Walliams’ next adventure. David’s books bring joy and laughter to children and parents around the globe." The girl is OBSESSED. She spends her days reading comics about alien invasions, doodling UFOs, watching B-movies about Earth being invaded by creatures from Mars… and gazing at the stars through her old, battered telescope. It's not about the length of time it takes a child to finish a book, it's about consistency, and if a child reads frequently, daily, for about 10 minutes, that's all the difference it makes between developing reasoning skills, confidence, a great vocab and the hunger to learn more, to know more.

Marmalade is the ninth picture book by David Walliams and the second collaboration with Adam Stower. Adam first worked with David on Little Monsters, which has been David’s fastest-selling picture book, achieving more than 78,000 copies through TCM since publication in October 2020. David’s picture books, including seven stellar collaborations with the legendary illustrator Tony Ross, have now sold over 1.1 million copies in the UK alone and have sold in more than 20 territories around the globe. One night she spots a flying saucer blazing across the sky… before crash-landing in a field. When the spaceship opens and reveals a mysterious alien, all Ruth’s dreams come true. But does this visitor from another planet have a giant secret? Adam Stower is the new illustrator for Walliams’s books and this is my second one by him after The World’s Worst Pets. He brings a frenzy to the adventure in his scenes, blowing the wind through your hair. Some of the scenes are drawn like a children’s comic book and I especially loved his illustration for Spaceboy with his metal head and flowing cape. A new illustrator with a slightly different style, but any reader will still recognise Walliams' famed characters and writing style.

Choose a background theme

to go up into space, and Ruth even named her three legged dog after him. It's the 1960's and space is a hot topic as the USA tries to copy their Russian rivals in the space race.

I honestly don’t have a bad word to say about this book. I loved the writing, the story, the characters, and the illustrations and that is why I can easily see this book becoming a fast favourite with young readers. I had to look up other books by David Wallace, and next on our bookshelves is GANGSTA GRANNY and CODE NAME BANANAS. This is clearly one of the more thrilling adventures I wish I had been a part of. Space travel has never looked this exciting! The World of David Walliams Book of Stuff (1) The World of David Walliams Book of Stuff (1 products)But when the UFO crash-lands in the cornfield, and Ruth rushes to help, she finds a mystery – and an adventure – beyond her wildest dreams… Drawing on the golden age of comic books as well as classic children’s literature, and infused with David’s love of cinema, this is a non-stop, laugh-out-loud comic adventure that, like all of David’s novels, is also full of heart. Gloriously illustrated by the versatile Adam Stower, who brings his own deep love of film and comics to the world of Bedlam, it will be the perfect tonic for families everywhere this Easter and beyond,” he said. One thing that surprised me with this book was its setting both in time and place. Most of David Walliams’ books are set in present time and in England whereas this book was set in 1960’s USA. I loved getting to read about the space race and have a different kind of supporting cast such as the sheriff and the President of the United States. The villains are properly villainous, a president is really familiar (but I can't quite put my finger on it - smirk) and a stereotypical military Major can hardly stand up with the weight of his medals and his strong chin.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment