276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Can I Go and Play Now?: Rethinking the Early Years

£10.995£21.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A simple rebrand of writing, messaging offers both children and adults a delight in what might otherwise be a struggle. It is really encouraging lots of new vocabulary, giving my children an exciting purpose to mark-make, and developing their maths.

He is also the creator of the Message Centre, Drawing Club, and Play Projects, as well as the delightful Play School TV, an exploration of the power of make-believe based on his approach to outdoor play, Adventure Island – a wonderful way to open up a world of creativity, language, story and joy: education done with children, not to them. I had the privilege of attending this year's BSME - British Schools in the Middle East Conference at Hartland International School, where I had the pleasure of meeting Greg Bottrill again, an extraordinary educator whose dedication to education and passion for play has deeply influenced my practice for several years. I’ll be sharing the joy of Play Projects, The Message Centre, Drawing Club and How To Play all exploring the magic of children. As a fellow male Early Years teacher, I really enjoyed learning his approach, as we are few and far between.Join him as he explores Adventure Island, a magical world of story and make-believe with his two little dogs, Bonnie and Eppie, as well as a host of other characters including Zoomer the Number Dog, Bob The Brick, the Magic Mustard Tin, and Tiny Ted, with many new and wonderful friends to meet along the way. It's all in the little details, the language we use, our interactions with children and the joy we ignite when asking simple questions. Cracks in the walls, secret tunnels, mythical creatures, heroes and villains, hidey holes and the Land Of Far Away are where Adventure Island come to life. DC has truly been a game-changer for my classroom, providing endless opportunities for creativity and growth.

We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Do you want to open up the magic world of tales and story to children whilst at the same time enriching their language skills, developing their fine motor and spending Time Together with them? Neoliberalism’s control on education is based on the myth that there is no alternative to it’s system. I think in time, I have discovered one thing, but I won’t reveal it because it’s something that if you are willing to adventure into play, I’d love you to find it for yourself. Of course the government change is also in our hands so let's stand together and voice the change we want to see.The club has also created a positive classroom environment where children support and inspire one another.

I completed Drawing Club CPD before the winter break and I was so excited to implement what I had learnt by getting back into my nursery classroom straight away. School And The Magic of Children’ is an exploration of the very soul of childhood, leading us on an adventure into the world of Story via Drawing Club and then into a new lens to look through at play itself with the concept of Play Projects. Whatever your experience, I’m sure you’ll like his fun, direct style which will keep you engaged and make you feel great about sharing the same career as this guy. The author explores how he ensures that, in his Early Years setting, continuous provision enables children.It was a transformative life moment as it also coincided with the birth of my daughter, Lauren, who in time truly showed me the World of Good Things. The passion for play shines through in the authors words, inspirational; and important when considering the best time to engage in play, when to step back and let it unfold and how to develop play in your setting through a quality enabling environment.

and ‘School and the Magic of Children’ explore how education can be an adventure with children rather than something done to them. During this informal chat, we learn more about Greg as a person, his passion and advocacy for children shining through and he provides his thoughts on how children can be supported by play and child-led activities, how we can start the conversations with children to learn about any anxieties they may have and help them by listening. Also I believe the emphasis was on the word ‘how’ as he then went on to explain further, in terms of mind shifts in perception of ourselves and our role.

We need more people like Greg Bottrill and Alistair Bryce-Clegg to champion the effectiveness of play before childhood is swept away from children in favour of sitting at tables and learning by rote, because that's the only real learning that happens in a foundation classroom, right? If you are a Reception teacher, new to the game or have been at it for years, you need to read this book!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment