276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The English [DVD]

£8.92£17.84Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Eli’s about to be taken away to the police by Toby Jones, as Sebold Cusk (who makes up these names?), on his horse, on the grounds of murder, with Toby’s accent being of indeterminate American origin.

There was a good line from Eli, where Cornelia was about to take flight with him, but couldn’t take everything she needed, so he replies, “The difference between what you need and what you want, is what you can put on a horse”. Sarrubba, Stefani (1 September 2022). "Emily Blunt stars in first look trailer for BBC's The English". Digital Spy . Retrieved 5 November 2022. What starts off as a bit on the dull side, sees The English descending into being very arty-farty with slow motion shots, lots of mumbling, and not a lot of a sense of direction for the plot. Plus, too much of this is in the dark, so you can barely see what’s going on.Its a revenge tale that forces together a native American ex-cavalry scout and an aristocratic Englishwoman in an unlikely partnership. I liked the premise and there's a wonderful and talented ensemble cast ably led by principals Emily Blunt and Chaske Spencer. Julia season 2: release date, trailer, cast and everything we know about the Sarah Lancashire series Billed as "an epic parable on race, love and power", The English is a six-episode miniseries that follows one woman's quest for vengeance in 19th Century America. From all the buzz around the series we've heard so far, it's shaping up to be one of the best BBC dramas of the year.

Speaking to The Telegraph about her starring role, Blunt said: "I love a character with a secret. And I loved Cornelia's buoyancy, her hopefulness, her guilelessness. It's the worst thing ever when you open a script and read the words 'strong female lead'. That makes me roll my eyes – I’m already out. I’m bored. Those roles are written as incredibly stoic, you spend the whole time acting tough and saying tough things.He told HeyUGuysthat he'd wanted to do a Western since he was a boy: "I was a young man in Montana, and got to see the last of the Wild West, both its benefits and its costs, and I always wanted to do a Western. It's quite technically demanding, so I'm glad I'm doing it now and not when I first started out." But there is great peace for her in it because what she has been able to experience. And in experiencing great love and being able to let go [of that love] has its own moment of dignity for her — to be able to let go and let [Eli] be free of whatever decay is going to happen to her." Maybe in future episodes it improves, but only one was available initially, and it really does not inspire me to mosey on down this plain again.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment