276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Unwanted: Part 1 of 3: The care system failed Lara. Will she fail her own child?

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Congratulations to Cathy Glass whose latest fostering memoir Neglected has gone straight to no 1 on its first part week sales. Many congratulations to Cathy Glass who was third and fifth respectively in the Sunday Times bestselling memoirs of the year with Please Don’t Take My Baby, published in April, selling 48,145 copies and Will You Love Me? , published in September, selling 40,625 copies. I didn’t,’ I blurted. ‘Sorry. There seems to have been some confusion. I thought I was just having Arthur.' Thank you for agreeing to take Lara and Arthur,’ she said. ‘We were really struggling to find a mother-and-child placement.’

It was a mother and child foster placement. My role was to keep Arthur safe, assess Lara’s parenting capacity, and give her help and advice where necessary in the hope she would be able to make the necessary changes to keep her son. I felt the responsibility especially as all the social worker’s ‘visits’ were online due to continuing covid restrictions. It was as though Lara’s future lay in my hands. No one in your household is having to self-isolate or is awaiting a Covid test result?’ She asked this most times she phoned. I seem to be as busy as ever, but happily so: spending time with my family, writing, replying to readers’ messages, seeing Lara and other young people we’ve fostered, as well as preparing and delivering induction talks for those thinking of fostering, and foster carer training. Oh yes and some respite fostering. She agrees only to find out a few days later it is not just Arthur but also his mother Lara who they decide needs to be put on a parenting plan where Cathy needs to observe and help in the way of letting Lara know what she needs to do in different circumstances…

How I Found the Agency

Just heard from my publisher that Unwanted is still in the Top Ten! That’s week 8! Thank you so much for making this book a success. I am delighted that Unwanted remains in the UK top ten for another week. Thank you for all your kind comments. I write my books to raise awareness so I am pleased this book has reached so many. Harper Collins have bought world rights in Cathy Glass’s latest fostering memoir Too Scared to Tell.

More success for Cathy Glass, whose book A Baby’s Cry was the 17th bestselling memoir of 2012, below Tulisa but above Justin Bieber. I am delighted to say that Unsafe has stayed at No 1 in the UK charts for a third week. Thank you for all your kind comments. They are very much appreciated. Unwanted: Part 1 of 3: The care system failed Lara. Will she fail her own child? by Cathy Glass – eBook Details A Family Torn Apart: Three sisters and a dark secret that threatens to separate them for ever by Cathy Glass 21 copies A trip to WH Smith at the weekend witnessed a score of titles from agency clients Casey Watson, Cathy Glass and Lynne Barrett-Lee on display.Not only is “Cathy Glass” a pseudonym, but so are the designated names of the children that she writes about. This is perfectly understandable, considering the delicate nature of the material that Glass covers. Readers who typically enjoy Cathy Glass books are individuals who are partial to genres that are inspirational memoirs or true life stories. Glass started writing in her spare time, when she wasn’t busy caring for her family, including her various foster children.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment