276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moro: The Cookbook

£15£30.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This bread was great! I used a ratio of 3 (white) : 1 (wholemeal) flour. The crust and crumb were delicious. I would consider making one loaf next time, the second loaf needs to be toasted. I would definitely use westminstr's method of cooking the rice in the future-though to be fair I didn't have basmati rice. (COVID cooking.) But it seems easier with the same result. The flavors are great. Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family. I served this with a bit of harissa on the side, and a mixed vegetable dish from Food of Spain. Nice combination, lovely dinner. So simple, but absolutely addictive! A wonderful smoky flavour with minimal effort (unless you are like me and choose to blanch and peel almonds first. What a thankless task that is). I had some smoked sea salt that I mixed with regular salt and it created pure magic with the pimenton. Made a half recipe and really regretted not having more!

Moro Easy | Cook from the Book Best Recipes from Moro Easy | Cook from the Book

Who doesn’t love Patatas Bravas? This is one of my favourite Spanish dishes so I was keen to try the Moro version and I’m happy to report, this version did not disappoint. We really enjoyed it!I've made this several times - in fact, I think it's the only recipe I've made to date from this book - and loved it each time. Generally I make a big batch and eat it for several days as a lunch, sometimes omitting the tomatoes if I'm making it for a few days as they don't tend to keep as well (for me at least). Have used mostly mint, not coriander, as it's what I have a pot of outside my door, and the flavor is fabulous.

Moro: The Cookbook: Clark, Samuel, Clark, Samantha Moro: The Cookbook: Clark, Samuel, Clark, Samantha

The next layer consists of butter, caster sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon, orange and lemon zest, eggs, and oloroso sherry. Frankly, this is a little over-elaborate for home cooking. I simplified it in several ways. I cut the liver up so I could stir it into the salad instead of serving it on the side, and I made a single dressing from yoghurt, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon juice instead of two dressings, one yoghurt, one lemon. Quite tasty and nice as made, and I'm sure wonderful in the original, but too fussy for me. Instead of frying my potatoes, I’ve taken to roasting them. I peeled, then cut the potatoes into chunks before tossing in EVOO, paprika, S&P then roast them at 400F until tender, tossing at least once. To serve, the sauce is spooned atop the potatoes. The book suggests you can pass paprika and aioli at the table which we did. The subtle use of mixed spices and preserved lemon gives a distinctive flavour to this Moroccan fish stew.The book suggests the sauce reduce for approx 5 mins but mine needed more time. Approx 20 additional minutes in fact. I thought this was a wonderful creation! It's crispy but moist, and the flavors of membrillo, almonds, sherry, and citrus all stood out. I didn't serve it with anything, but creme fraiche is suggested, which would be nice. Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.

Moro: The Cookbook by Samantha Clark | Goodreads

For a more substantial meal, serve this on toast with a dollop of soft goat’s cheese on top to melt into the warm, sweet spinach. This recipe is endlessly compatible. Even my beet-averse boyfriend enjoyed this. The salty meat and almond sauce balanced the sweetness of the beets nicely. Substituted bresaola for cecina as recommended. I served this with steamed brown basmati rice and some grilled asparagus with a honey & sherry vinaigrette from The New Spanish Table (reviewed in the adjunct thread). The asparagus was awesome! Since it was first published in 2001, Moro: The Cookbook has been one of the most talked about, praised and cherished cookbooks of its time. Sam & Sam Clark share a passion for the food of Spain, North Africa and the Eastern Mediterranean and their London restaurant, Moro, was born out of a desire to cook within these wonderful traditions and to explore exotic flavours little known in the UK. Both the recipe book and restaurant have been showered with awards, accolades and endorsements and the Clarks have built up a legion of devoted fans. I figured lots of tapas would be the go – so tried the pinchitos morunos, port skewers of the Moorish variety. I also did the Fatayer from this too – pastry stuffed with pumpkin, pinenuts and fetta cheese (yum is the word you are struggling for). I’ve done these twice now and as someone who doesn’t normally like pumpkin unless it is in soup I can heartily recommend it.What I thought:If you’re looking for something a little different to serve for brunch, this is perfect. It’s unlike anything I’ve had before – a big one-pot dish of veg with whisked eggs stirred in at the end, almost scrambled. The spices at the base of this dish make it incredibly flavoursome and warming. Served with flatbreads, extra feta and dill to top (plus some Turkish sausage for meat-eaters), this is a fun sharing dish as everyone can dip in and get messy. It’s also super easy (as the book title would suggest!) – if you prep the veg in advance, you can easily pull the whole thing together while chatting away to friends. Best carrot salad I have made in a long time. Cooked the carrots just until still a little crunchy and not until tender as instructed, just my personal preference. Very flavorful, a definite keeper. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the potatoes to a dish. Sprinkle over the za’atar, spring onions, coriander and peppers, and toss gently. Chopped onion is caramelized, and removed from the pan. The pieces of trimmed lamb are dusted with flour and browned, then garlic and thyme is added. Oloroso sherry goes into the pan and simmered briefly. Then the onions are returned, along with bay leaves and water to cover. The lamb simmers for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, with potatoes and artichokes going into the pot for the last 20 minutes. (Oh, I cheated here and used frozen artichoke hearts. It was a weeknight, after all.) Mint goes in at the last minute, and I used more mint as a garnish. This was an incredibly flavorful and delicious stew that would be great for a dinner party. Since we weren't entertaining, we just used monkfish. I also used clam juice (more than the recipe required). It felt like I added lots of peppery ingredients (2 bell peppers and smoked paprika) but the final flavors were well-balanced.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment