276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Her Benny

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It sounds like some sort of terrible Dickensian street urchin euthanasia where the kids have been brain washed into wanting to go to heaven and just sort of pine away.

Her Benny, an improving story for young people about Liverpool street children, was first published in 1879. If my story] shall awaken any sympathy for the poor little waifs of our streets, I shall have my reward. The main character, Benny, is determined to stay honest and never slip into crime, like most of the other street boys of Liverpool. Hocking has none of Dickens’ humour and his descriptions, particularly of Little Nell, Benny’s sister, are sentimental to the point of embarrassment.On entering the first house the agent was confronted by a big, villainous-looking man, who demanded in a surly tone what he wanted. On the western side of Scotland Road, that is to say, between it and the Docks, there is a regular network of streets, inhabited mostly by the lowest class of the Liverpool poor.

This work has been selected by scholars as being culturally important, and is part of the knowledge base of civilization as we know it.We appreciate your support of the preservation process, and thank you for being an important part of keeping this knowledge alive and relevant. A Liverpool slum boy, blamed for a theft, becomes a farmer in Wales and saves the life of his childhood sweetheart.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment