276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Daughter of the Drowned Empire

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The worldbuilding is actually pretty awesome (which is why I gave it two stars and not one)—but I read half the book and I barely get where we are/what’s happening/where the story is going. I’m the first one to complain about info dumps but this—this is too much too fast. I saw multiple spots where the story would’ve benefited off of spending a paragraph or two going over the weird fantastic creatures they have, or the layout of the land, or the socio-political structure of their society, and where all of that stands in relation to the human world (which they off-handedly mention like, once?). Also, the plot is just so choppy. No seamless flow at all. Suffice it to say that I’m very lost.

If a gryphon just tried to tear that rope, they'd be free in seconds, but they don't do it because they don't know this. I wanted to remind myself. Every time I thought I couldn't do something, a task felt too big, an enemy too scary, I imagined they were nothing more than a thin, puny rope. And no rope can hold me."-Rhyan I love how he's always thre for Lyr, always defending her, being adorable and flirty, but also always ready to teach her a lesson or to put her in her place when she needs it. The world building was amazing! It managed to create and explain this whole world without me feeling lost once! (Although, I probably should have read the glossary at the end first—😩) It is an ambitious book. Sometimes I felt it had more on it’s plate than it could deal with and the pacing is a little unconventional but in the end, it all helped to shape the character arcs. Authors, if you are a member of the Goodreads Author Program, you can edit information about your own books. Find out how in this guide.There was so much foreign lore thrown at the reader, so much of it that made little to no sense, so many names of people and places and beasts and creatures just randomly there, I considered taking notes at some point.

I'm prob being harsh, but considering the double life we're told she's been leading she's rather naive and it lowkey irked me to no end that she doesn't really take agency for herself for so long 🙈 The way she's always putting others's needs above hers, the way she's simply a fighter but capable or recognizing her limits, made my newest obsession with this series possible.I had lots of fun, though, and overall, I think I've found a new favorite author and a new favorite series. vorakh are not as dangerous as believed! I think that they were outlawed by the "bad guys" as a way to weaken the "good guys." I think that part of the binding is what is causing 5he ill side effects of those with a vorakh and this will all be discovered later! Or at least I hope so. 😅 I want Meera and Morgana to find a way to control their gifts and be able to help Lyr in her coming fight. This book had me on the edge of my seat for the entire ride. I was panting from the suspense. The story was beautifully written, and it made an absolutely amazing start to what I know will be an amazing series. The character development and the plot are so intense that it will leave you breathless begging for more.

You choose. You can let what the others think about you be right, you can let your guilt and shame hold you down, or you can decide your fate, assert the strength you do have, become stronger than ever before. But you have to claim it. And when you do, you can be freer than a seraphim. Stronger than a gryphon. No ropes can hold you. No cage can trap you."I strangled rumours, covered missteps, and danced day and night to keep everyone’s eyes on me and not my sisters.” I was not ready for this to make such an impact and my God am I glad that this book came onto my radar and I had the opportunity to read it because I am hooked…and I cannot wait to get into book 2.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment