276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LODGE 35.56 cm / 14 inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Pizza Pan P14P3

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cover loosely with a piece of plastic wrap and do a long, slow rise in the fridge overnight. Or up to three days. Seriously, this dough can just hang out in the fridge for up to about 72 hours (longer than that and you will want to freeze it). Magic happens as the flavor of the dough develops over time. Another distinction between pan pizza and deep dish pizza: the way in which the toppings are layered. On a regular, flat pan pizza, the dough sits right under the tomato sauce and the cheese is sprinkled on top. With a cast iron skillet pizza (or deep-dish pizza), the cheese goes onto the dough first, and the sauce is added on top. This prevents the crust from getting soggy. Making Pizza in a Cast Iron Skillet Mix 00-grade flour, yeast, salt, sugar and 325ml water, and knead to a dough. Cover and refrigerate for three days. About 3 hours before you want to serve your pizza, prepare your pan. Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons (18g) olive oil into a well-seasoned cast iron skillet that’s 10” to 11” diameter across the top, and about 9” across the bottom. Heavy, dark cast iron will give you a superb crust; but if you don’t have it, use another oven-safe heavy-bottomed skillet of similar size, or a 10” round cake pan or 9” square pan. Tilt the pan to spread the oil across the bottom, and use your fingers or a paper towel to spread some oil up the edges, as well. Different meats: use any combination of meats that you prefer. Good options include diced ham, cooked bacon, or the Italian sausage and pepperoni shown here.

Cast Iron Pizza | Easy, No-Fail Recipe | Easy Dinner Perfect Cast Iron Pizza | Easy, No-Fail Recipe | Easy Dinner

g extra-virgin olive oil (0.25 ounces; about 2 teaspoons), plus more to coat pans and for drizzling This recipe calls for 1 pound of pizza dough, but if you prefer a thinner crust, you can use 1/2 pound of pizza dough rolled out into the same 12 inch size. This will result in a thinner pizza crust. Leftover Pizza Now for the fun part! It's time to top your pizzas. Spread about ½ to ¾ cup of pizza sauce all the way to the edges of the dough. Sprinkle each pizza with 1 ½ cups of freshly grated mozzarella cheese, then top with your favorite toppings and they are ready to bake! Don't go overboard on the toppings, which can weigh down the crust and make it more difficult to cook through evenly. If the pizza dough was refrigerated, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes – 1 hour before shaping. Remove the heated skillet from the oven (carefully, as it will be extra hot!) and turn the oven temperature down to 400°F.Meat Lovers: pepperoni, canadian bacon, cooked mild Italian sausage, salami, and crumbled cooked bacon Never, ever stop making with Legend. If our craftsmanship or cooking performance ever fall short, we will make it right, or return your money in full. Growing up, my family always took pizza very seriously. If it didn’t have the right crispy crust and quality flavor – it’s gotta go! Note that if you use bread flour, or indeed plain flour, you may want to add a little more water: the very fine texture means that you need less – Lopez-Alt’s recipe comes in at 75% hydration (the weight of water being 75% that of the weight of flour) and Potts’ 70%, while the two I try using 00 flour, from Franco Manca founder Giuseppe Mascoli and that of the Pizza Pilgrims, call for 59% and 60% hydration respectively. (More water makes the dough harder to work with, but also makes the finished product lighter and bubblier; I think we’ve already established we’re all about the bubbles here). The raising agents Photo #3) Use hands to carefully form dough into circle to fit pan. No need to form a “crust”– it will naturally rise on its own.

Pan Pizza Recipe - Serious Eats Foolproof Pan Pizza Recipe - Serious Eats

The Best Cheese: I use shredded mozzarella and freshly-grated Parmesan for this pizza, but other good options include sliced fresh mozzarella or a shredded Italian cheese blend. Salt is a must in pizza dough and, though it’s frowned upon by purists, I’m not too snooty to add a little sugar to help the yeast along and give a more complex flavour, though you can leave it out if you prefer. While olive oil gives a pleasing flavour, it also softens the texture, so I’m not going to use it – and I’d prefer to save herbs for the top, rather than adding them to the dough, as Sainsbury’s suggest. The method Bake pizza: Bake uncovered for 14-16 minutes – cheese should be bubbling, browned, and crust should be golden brown. When pizza is finished, use a utensil to carefully slide pizza from skillet onto a cutting board. Top with fresh basil and red pepper flakes if desired. See notes for extra toppings.You don’t need to grease it, unless you’re actually deep-frying the pizzas, as in Mascoli’s recipe – and I’m sorry to report these are excessively good). Just get it good and hot, though not so hot it burns the base before it cooks through – you might need to experiment a bit with the first batch to find out what works for your pan.

Cast-Iron Skillet Pizza | Epicurious How to Make Cast-Iron Skillet Pizza | Epicurious

Homemade dough: if you prefer to make the dough at home, this is my favorite easy recipe. You will not need all of that dough for this recipe, so you can weigh out 16 ounces and freeze the extra for another day.

2. Preheat Your Cast-Iron Skillet in the Oven

Cheese-wise, you can’t beat buffalo mozzarella (note: if you want to use firmer pizza mozzarella, you may need to deploy a blowtorch to help it melt, because it will take longer than the wetter stuff). Sainsbury’s also add parmesan, roasted peppers and cherry tomatoes, but, a few herbs aside, I don’t think it needs anything else for perfection. Eat immediately, and certainly fast enough to burn your tongue: it’s worth it. Perfect frying-pan pizza Using store bought dough and a heated cast iron skillet are the secrets behind this easy deep dish skillet pizza. It really helps to let the dough sit on the counter for at least 30 minutes before baking the pizza. The dough will rise a little and be easier to handle when it is at room temperature. I was wondering if this recipe would work as is with a 10 1/4″ cast iron skillet, or if everything should be reduced by 1/4. I only have a 10 1/4″ cast iron skillet and have been dying for a good cast iron ‘zza.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment