276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Gospel According to Chris Moyles: The Story of a Man and His Mouth

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Though I don’t think this is a perfect analogy ( Carr’s shows are carefully scripted, Moyles made an off-the-cuff remark), and I don’t think Moyles should have said it, I have some sympathy. His audience knew him well, he had a gay producer on air with him for ages and it is almost impossible to do a live show like the Radio 1 breakfast show for more than eight years without screwing up at some point. He says: “I was very, very naive through a lot of my Radio 1 time. I genuinely thought everybody got what I did – that maybe they didn’t like what I did, but they understood it. They’d got that it was all a joke. But they didn’t.”

After WBHS, Moyles moved to local radio station Aire FM as an assistant for DJ Carl Kingston. During this time, he was also a presenter on Radio Top Shop in the Leeds Briggate branch. After hosting his own Saturday Evening Show on Aire FM (and occasionally serving as a stand-in presenter), he was then employed as a presenter at Radio Luxembourg in 1992, until the station closed. Well, when I was at Radio 1, I had the same competition I’ve got now – everybody from Capital to XFM. And when you’re on in the morning, everything’s competition. Having a lie-in is competition, putting the telly on is competition, getting the bus, not having enough 3G – everything is competition. You can drive yourself mad thinking about it, or just do what you do – get a good show.” Despite Moyles’s joke, the Rajar figures are fine, by the way. The station’s owner, Global Radio, is happy. The figures are up on the station’s previous breakfast show (when it was Xfm), and people are listening for longer. Anyhow, Radio X does not seem destined for massive numbers. It sells itself on middle-of-the-road indie music, an ageing interest; it’s a relaunch, of Xfm, and relaunches take ages to settle with the public. X is not Heart, or Capital, not even 6 Music. And it’s certainly not Radio 1.Today, Moyles likens what happened to a comedian’s standup show; specifically, Jimmy Carr’s. Carr got very heated when a line of his was quoted as an example of bigotry. Carr said that yes, that was exactly what he said, but the context had been completely removed, the build-up, the journey of performer and audience. In September 2008, Moyles, along with other British radio presenters, was criticised for on-air promotion of drinking to excess. [58] On-air profanity [ edit ]

Church’s comments come in the second episode of Burke’s new two-part documentary on ageing, in which she considers whether sexual maturity is the point at which people become adults. During the programmes Burke talks to showbiz friends Jennifer Saunders and Bill Bailey, as well as meeting a dominatrix in her 70s who took up the job in her 60s, when working as a chef became too physically demanding. Radio 1 Programmes – The Chris Moyles Show, Monday – Mika comes in for a chat". BBC. 28 September 2009 . Retrieved 13 September 2011. On 12 January 2010, hip-hop trio N-Dubz appeared on the Chris Moyles Show on Radio 1. The show received a text message from a female listener saying that band member Dappy was "vile" and "a little boy with a silly hat" and that N-Dubz were "losers". Dappy secretly copied her phone number from the studio console and sent abusive and threatening text messages to the woman the following day including one telling her she was "gonna die!". [77] Moyles said of the resulting criticism: "I feel let down by him, I've supported them and said, 'Do you know what, N-Dubz aren't just a bunch of dippy chavs, they're really good'. So for him to go and do something like that is a bit rubbish". [78] Tax avoidance [ edit ] Chris Moyles 'Let Down' By Dappy From N-Dubz's Death Threat Texts". Gigwise.com . Retrieved 13 September 2011. Moyles has provided his voice and/or likeness to a number of films and games. His face was used in 24: The Game, and his voice can be heard in the films Wimbledon, War of the Worlds and Robots. [26] [27] In some of these films, his voice was only used for the UK version.In December 2000, he parodied the Eminem song "Stan" that was No. 1 in the charts at the time, with a seasonal Christmas themed variation called "Stanta", instead. It became one of the most popular requested parodies and was often played more than once during the course of a show. Moyles has released an album entitled The Parody Album. Recording began in September 2009, [47] and the album was released on 23 November. [ citation needed] Kelly Osbourne is set to join Radio 1, and Chris Moyles' breakfast show will get an extra 30 minutes, in a shake-up of the station's schedule". BBC News. 6 September 2007 . Retrieved 11 September 2009.

Moyles has won several Sony Radio Awards: Silver in 1998; Gold in 2006; nominated in 2007: Gold in 2008; Bronze in 2009; and Silver in 2010. Leigh, Rob (10 July 2008). "Mirror.co.uk's Big Brother blogger on Big Brother's Big Mouth". Daily Mirror. Archived from the original on 17 July 2008. Moyles could be taken off air". DigitalSpy.co.uk. 13 June 2006. Archived from the original on 15 November 2006 . Retrieved 24 September 2006. The subject of Little Britain came up when Chris asked if there are any voices in the audio book that are very similar to any of his voices we may have heard before from certain characters.

He frequently made appearances on several television shows including Hotel Babylon, a celebrity version of Supermarket Sweep, Top Gear, The Charlotte Church Show, The F-Word, The Friday Night Project, The One Show, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Richard & Judy and The Paul O'Grady Show. Moyles launched a new show on Channel 4, called Chris Moyles' Quiz Night on 22 March 2009. The show consists of Moyles alongside three other celebrities partaking in a traditional pub-style quiz. The original series had the four competing to win an item that belonged to Moyles but this has since developed into a more traditional quiz with the loser singing karaoke-style at the end of the show. The opening show received poor viewing figures attracting just 6% of total audience for the timeslot. [29] [30] It was continued for a second series between 26 February and 11 April 2010, a third series following between 1 November and 22 December 2010 and fourth between 15 July and 2 September 2011. [31] After 5 series, the show was shelved. Moyles as Herod in Jesus Christ Superstar in 2012, with Tim Minchin, Ben Forster and and Melanie C. Photograph: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images

In 1996, Moyles joined London station Capital FM, hosting his weekend show The Late Bit, which went out on Friday and Saturday evenings, and covering for other DJs. It was at Capital that Moyles fell out with fellow DJ Neil Fox. After declining the offer of presenting the breakfast show on rival station Kiss 100, [6] Moyles joined Radio 1 in July 1997. [7] Radio 1 [ edit ]At the time, the broadcasting standards commission condemned Moyles for the comment, but according to Church, the upfront misogyny of the times was less worrying than the more clandestine, internet-enabled misogyny that flourishes today. Another two of Moyles' recent parodies are "Lorry Driver" which is a cover of Britney Spears' song " Womanizer" and "The Boy Does Plenty" by "Adrian Dixon", originally a song by Alesha Dixon, both of which are written by 'Comedy Dave' Vitty. Chris Moyles and Stacey Solomon to host dating show The Love Machine". Metro. London. 24 October 2011. It was a long time ago and the landscape was different,” he said. “But me and David are talking about trying to do something new, we’ve been meeting and we’ve got an idea that we’re working on but we’ll see if anybody wants to make it. It might be that no one, or it might be that somebody does so we’ll we shall see…, it’s a completely new idea,” he revealed. Moyles released "Waterproof" in July 2009, a parody of the La Roux song " Bulletproof". This song has an approved record deal to be used on a parody album, should Chris wish to do so. [46]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment