276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Blockbuster Game: A Movie Party Game for the Whole Family

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thames/ LWT: Wednesdays to Fridays at 5:15pm and Saturdays at 5:05pm. It was then changed from September 1985 on Mondays to Wednesdays and Fridays to Saturdays at 5:15 pm.

TSW: Started on 3 October 1988 and finished on 10 February 1989. Mondays to Fridays at 5:15 pm and Saturdays at 5:05 pm. Still a much-loved retro TV hit, contestants had to cross the tiles by answering questions related to each Hexagon.

Scottish: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 pm from 3 January to April 1990. From May 1990, it was moved to a daytime slot around 1:30 pm, with the number of episodes fluctuating from none to up to four from this point onwards. TVS: Wednesdays to Fridays at 5:15pm and Saturdays at 5:05pm. Mondays and Tuesdays were filled with Sons and Daughters. From Series 5 (September 1987) TVS switched to Mondays to Fridays at 5:15 pm and Saturdays at 5:05 pm. I got to play this over the holidays with family and we had a really good time. I competed against my sister, who is very much like me when it comes to movies. Yes, we are those annoying people who quote the movies we’ve seen too many times while we watch them. Watching Willy Wonka is probably unbearable with me. The first time we played was with four people. I felt like that player count can work if the teams are somewhat balanced with movie knowledge. But it can get frustrating if your teammate keeps guessing actors instead of movie titles. Not that that happened to me a couple of times. We had a much more enjoyable time with six players and I felt like that evened things out a bit. So I’d recommend your minimum be six unless all four people willing to play are movie buffs. This timer will kill your ability to recall information. This is one of the better experiences I've had as of late in the realm of table games. The primary flaw is the timer, as it really should go for 45 seconds, or even a minute; 30 seconds is simply too short, especially for non-movie-obsessed players. I also don't love the randomized card placement. Things function much better if you simply draw 3 cards, and are then able to place them in a given category as you see fit. Otherwise, this is a really solid experience. Channel: Same as TSW's schedule until January 1986, it was then switched to TVS's schedules. This meant that approximately 16–20 episodes were skipped as TVS were further ahead.

Marc Sylvan and Richard Jacques updated the original theme for the Comedy Central version. [8] Title sequences [ edit ]Scottish: Continued to air the series between two and four times most week until 1 September 1993. Reappeared daily at 5:25am over Christmas period from 18 December 1993 [40] finally completing the series on 7 January 1994. [41] BBC Two used adult contestants, instead of sixth formers. This version was broadcast in 1997 and presented by Michael Aspel; the show stayed with the same format. Famous contestants included Stephen Merchant. All regions expect TSW broadcast the show from 2 September 1988 to 10 February 1989. Mondays to Fridays at 5:15 pm and Saturdays at 5:05 pm. However, Anglia and Scottish aired some episodes on Sundays instead of Saturdays. Sky One: Mondays to Fridays at 7:00pm from 18 April to 30 September 1994 before moving to 6:30pm from 28 November 1994 [43] to 17 February 1995.

If you love all things sport, ESPN Trivia Night should be in your collection yesterday. Besides testing your team knowledge, you'll be showing off your dexterity skills as well. Unlike so many of the best party board games, this one is keen to get your body moving as much as your brain. That helps even the playing field for those of us who aren't walking encyclopaedias when it comes to the NBA, NFL, and beyond. Italy – The Italian version is called Doppio Slalom ( Dual Slalom) aired on Canale 5 from 1985 to 1990, originally hosted by Corrado Tedeschi from 1985 to 1990. Followed by Paolo Bonolis in the 1990 series. The show was delayed by all ITV regions until January 1990 as no slots were available to air the show. This was because Home and Away took over the 5:10 pm slot and Emmerdale was now being aired at 6:30 pm, before it was moved to 7:00 pm in January 1990. Anglia, Central and TSW were airing repeats from September to December 1989.Having a knowledge of movies undoubtedly helps, especially in the head-to-head. You don’t however, need to be a movie buff to succeed. The majority of the movies are mainstream yet you may not know them all. You might have three films on the cards you know very well but have no idea how to describe any of them in just one word. This unknown is part of the tactics of the game. Hard Plastic Case ( built like the old vhs rental cases), some classic movies , can't wait to break it out on game night In 1987 and 1988, readers of TVTimes voted the series the most popular quiz show on television. [6] Theme music [ edit ]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment