276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dead Man’s Grave: The first book in a gripping new Scottish police procedural series for crime fiction and mystery thriller fans (DS Max Craigie Scottish Crime Thrillers, Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is told mostly from Max’s point of view with the reader given glimpses from the other side’s point of view to widen the perspective. The middle of the book when Max is estranged from the normal police procedures made it feel a bit ‘Jack Reacherish’ and in a good way. When bodies connected to the murder start appearing, Max is less inclined to stop investigating even after his superiors tell him to move on to the next case.

However, he’ll need to dig really deep to tackle this investigation, that exposes corruption, which extends to senior officer level within the Scottish Police Service. It was Christmas 2019 and my wife Clare and son Ollie had travelled from our house in the Highlands to a large country pile in the depths of the countryside near Pitlochry. He left the Metropolitan Police in 2015 where he served for over twenty-five years, predominantly as a detective, leading and conducting investigations into some of the most serious criminals across the UK and beyond. I will admit to a moment of alarm when Max’s dog, Nutmeg, was introduced and had to take a sneaky peak at the end to see if she survived. It should appeal to readers who particularly enjoy crusader type cops vs those who show up and do least.Today I am sharing my thoughts on Dead Man’s Grave by Neil Lancaster, book one in the Max Craigie series. Neil Lancaster was a policeman in the Met for over 25 years so should have working knowledge of how the police force works in spades and this shows in his work.

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. While this book is the first in the series, I felt like I was already reading about characters that I had established a connection with. badge_secondary": "1rem", "badge_average_score": "2rem", "reviews_card_secondary_font_size": "1rem", "star_summary_reviewsnum_font_size": "1. So I got in the car and drove almost three hours north to the Ballachly burial ground, close to Latheron and in the middle of the Munsary Peatlands.My information will not be shared with any third party (see our Privacy Statement - opens in a new window). Sure, it’s just a police procedural but the book is so tightly plotted, so fast paced, so edge of seat with characters aplenty to both root for and to hate that it is really a cut above your everyday procedural.

We turned up in the afternoon, mildly hungover (well not Ollie, that would be irresponsible, he’s only ten!Exciting and highly entertaining, you will be hard pushed to find a more riveting and refreshingly different thriller this year. Though complex, this is a cracking start to this new series, a police procedural of exceptional quality, with an array of characters that fit their roles perfectly. Their camaraderie doesn't, however, prevent Ross from giving Max a good bawling out when he thinks he deserves it. Cop" with a history coming to a new force, working with an interesting new female officer - I wondered whether this was really my sort of book.

Max Craigie has moved from the Met to Police Scotland and is thrown in at the deep end with a murder that is connected to a notorious gang of criminals. Back home in Scotland after serving in the Met, when it comes to who to trust, he doesn't have many choices. hectare (315-acre) biological Site of Special Scientific Interest north-east of Icklingham in Suffolk.Unfortunately I knew some of what would happen but it didn’t detract too much from what was an otherwise explosive story!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment