276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Adult Lava Girl Fancy Dress Costume

£31.63£63.26Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To make the “lava” really look like it was on fire, I also added a single string of gold sequin ribbon right down the middle. For the Lavagirl costume, Idecided to just glue the pieces of felt on a matching sweatsuit. It’ll help keep her warm in our cool October weather! So I had her put on the sweatsuit and used my fabric marking pen to mark out the general design (referring to a picture on my phone frequently). Then I glued the “lava” down. I chose red sequin ribbon cause they would give me the movement and what girl doesn’t love sequins. This layered felt does not stretch at all. The top is a little tight to get on, I may have to add a zipper if she wants this to remain part of her dress-ups, so I choose to just use some fabric painton the pants (we need to have the stretch and movement in the pants).

Even though I love sewing, I find sometimes it’s easier to skip the traditional sewing for any costume that is not real clothing. These costumes needed extra textures and 3D things coming off them, so I used my Halloween favsof felt, cardboard, hot glue and fabric glue! It saves me so much time, especially when I am layering different cuts of fabric to get 3 dimensional elementsto the costume. I used 2 layers of felt glued together, the open shark mouth was cut out of the top layer, then I layered design elements on top with another layer of felt. I used fabric glue to attach everything here.

Make these easy Sharkboy and Lavagirl Costumers for your kids this Halloween.

I layered the fuchsia felt on top of the gray felt to get a burnt 3D look to the lava pieces. Then I glued them on around the sequins.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment