276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000: Astra Militarum Severina Raine - Citadel Finecast

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Overall this Commissar shows more of a classic build design and fewer computer slices. Which makes it maybe not easy but definitely not impossible to customize your Severina Raine figure. Years later, Severina is a full-fledged commissar and is active in the front-lines of the crusade. In the battle against Calvar Larat, a Sighted witch, Yulia Cry from the 'Wyndfolk' Infantry Squad discover the Sighted to be in possession of Steadfast rifles. These weapons should have been only available to imperial forces. Raine begins an investigation and eventually uncovers Lord-General Militant Alar Serek's deception. Decades prior, he was grievously injured after disposing a powerful Sighted cultist, Dektar the Ascended. Fearing death, Serek accepted chaos corruption in a bid for continued life. After that battle he was given the title 'living embodiment of the Emperor's Will' and became above reproach. This gave him power to play both sides (imperial forces and cultists) to maintain control over the sector. Welcome once again to my small corner of this world. I’m glad for the company as today I discuss a favourite character of mine. I’ve spoken on many occasions – as long time readers will know! – of Warhammer (be it Horus Heresy, Age Of Sigmar or 40K) and all its numerous settings. However I’ve only rarely discussed the Imperial Guard otherwise known as the Astra Millitarum (the closest thing the Imperium has to a conscript army of common humans) and the rank of Imperial Commissar. On the other hand, if you want heroic soldiers and commissars in badass action scenes, go for it, you'll probably enjoy Honourbound much more than me! And it's ok, to each his own, even if I find that simplifying complex questions that the 40k universe allows us to raise a pity.

Overall I think the ‘cool stuff to buy’ aspect of this year’s BL Celebration was great, and arguably better than 2018’s. No real complaints from me on that front, barring the aforementioned absence of Age of Sigmar (come on BL, please fix that for next year!). Aaron: I know you’ve talked about being a woman in the ‘no girls allowed’ days of wargaming and nerddom (if it’s possible to say we’re out of that), and I’d be really interested in getting your perspective on that, if that’s alright! Do you get assigned or asked to do female-driven stories? I thought that, as this was the first scene, maybe Severina would have an evolution, an arc... She kind of does in a way but she never questions what she does and the reader is never invited to do so either. There is always something to tell the reader that he/she should root for Severina no matter what their actions are. Everything is a bit too simplistic, so that we know we're on the "right" side. Blowing the dust off of these models, these were the first females we ever saw in power armor and thusly dubbed Space Marines. Note that they’re not actually called “Space Marines” officially. These made their debut over thirty years ago in a White Dwarf magazine! It’s hard to believe how far the hobby/miniature world has come in thirty year’s time. Female Catachan Grenade Launcher Here is what we know about the new female Commissar model from Warhammer Community: Severina Raine- Female CommissarHowever, in recent years, Games Workshop has started modifying the 40k universe, so that for instance the regime of the Imperium of Man is a bad thing but that it has to be that way for the humanity to survive. Same thing with the commissars, they have to be the way they are for soldiers to be efficient. This is probably due to the success of the game, the satirical aspect of the authoritarian regime was toned down by legitimizing it... which is kind of an issue for me, as it undermines the original creative choice and could end up giving the message "sure, it's a good thing" instead of making us think about it and wonder if it's a good thing or not, even for such a universe. As you can see assembling this miniature is as straight forward as far as Games Workshop miniatures go. We recommend attaching the cape and the torso together first then attaching it to the legs. To be completely honest every high ranking member of the Rifles has their moment or moments to shine as well as – in some cases – some beautiful and yet grim writing. The Sighted and everything tied to them is shown as utterly horrific and tainted beyond belief during the regiments’ many battles. While all of these models are female (and some technically “Space Marines”), we definitely haven’t covered the entire range of thier models out there. However, there are more from GW and Forge World than you might think! Honorbound tells the story of Severina Raine. The model is even based on the art of herself on the cover of the book.

And she's a very good character, properly grimdark (she's not nice at all) but still someone you're interested in. And she's supported by a well written collection of Guardsmen and women who are a mixture of heroic and deeply flawed, usually both. We already know she got her own set of rules for Kill Team that were spotted recently on Imgur, and now have her Warhammer 40k rules as well! Severina Raine Kill Team Rulesheet As it is often said, there are no "good guys" in this universe, as every faction has its flaws. The Imperium of Man, the humans, are for the majority religious fanatics who want all the other alien races extinct because it is their birthright to rule the galaxy. Not exactly nice people, aren't they? Psyker - a person with psychic abilities, called Librarians in Space Marines. Like Chief Librarian Mephiston, the titular character of the book.One of the most iconic Sisters of all time also got a model update a bit before the faction was revamped by GW as well. Ephrael Stren: The Daemonifuge On the rules side of things, Severina Raine is your standard run of the mill Commissar for your Astra Militarum army but costs 36 points instead of 35. Severina Raine was an Imperial Commissar serving with the 11th Antari Rifles regiment of the Astra Militarum.

Severina Raine serves as Commissar for the 11th Antari Rifles, an Astra Militarum regiment assigned to the Bale Stars, where a sinister Chaos cult known as the Sighted threaten the Imperium’s rule. As the secrets of the Sighted come to light and illuminate the darkness of Raine’s troubled past, she must cling to the Commissar’s creed, and have faith that the Emperor will bring victory.Most importantly, though, my Sisters are human. They make mistakes, they get overwhelmed, they suffer, and they feel pain and grief. To me, you can’t have courage, unless you face fear, you can’t have honour, or faith, unless you face your own weakness, or darkness – one half cannot exist without the other. This theme features very strongly in ‘The Triumph of Saint Katherine, and it might just be the most critical thing of all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment