276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BenQ SW271 27 Inch 4K Photography Monitor, 3840 x 2160 UHD, HDR, IPS, 99 Percent Adobe RGB, 100 Percent sRGB, 10 bit - Grey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

BenQ's Palette Master Element is like a slower, more basic version of the i1 Display Pro software you get with the i1 Display Pro calibrator, although it does have the benefit of updating the screen's LUT. Using BenQ's software Palette Master Element you need to use a calibration device to calibrate the monitor, such as the X-Rite i1 Display Pro. Measuring the colour difference (Delta-E again), with the i1 Display Pro, the average was 0.86, maximum 1.73, very good results. Try Eizo CS2730 27″ QHD + i1DisplayPro = about 1200 euro. It is going to be replaced by CS2731 but the two are more or less the same, if you want the new panels with high contrast (for an IPS, about 1500:1) for video content you have to move to Eizo CGs which are expensive. Market segmentation.

BenQ SW271 review | Digital Camera World

The results from the factory calibration look pretty good, showing passing numbers for all the tests. Let’s take a look at the sRGB color profile: Excellent color accuracy and uniformity are the core of any good photo editing monitor, but BenQ has also baked in a few nice-to-have features that didn’t exist in the previous model. For photographers, two are worth diving into a bit deeper. Third-Party Hardware Calibration Support Arabic, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Czech, Deutsch, English, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Netherlands, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, SwedishIn other words: the BenQ SW271C is easy to recommend… but it’s hard to recommend at this price. Are There Alternatives?

BenQ Monitor Software | BenQ US Palette Master Element | BenQ Monitor Software | BenQ US

I also looked at the Eizo CS2730/31 but they only use 8 bit + 2 bit FRC panels. There is much debate about this, with some saying true 10 bit is crucial while other say it cannot be seen by the human eye so 8 bit + is fine. I would great appreciate your opinion ColorConsultant and/or Nasim on where the true 10 bit qualification should fall on my list of considerations. Response time is 5ms grey-to-grey, which should be good for video (and gaming), as response times below 8ms are generally considered good by today's standards. The monitor also features a built-in USB3 hub with two ports, and an SD card reader. After I launched the software for the first time, it immediately recognized the X-Rite i1Display Pro colorimeter and showed me the following screen:My NEC Multisync PA241W just died (3 blinking lights and a blank screen) and NEC tells me it can no longer be repaired so I am in the market. I have a custom built PC per Nasim’s spec in another article and currently do still photos but want to move to video as well and hope to find a monitor to do both. I plan to move to either a 27″ or 32″ monitor and possibly 4K First, I want to thank you for such a wonderful and well rounded review of the BenQ SW271. I rarely see anyone take the time and effort to thoroughly inspect and test products like you. On the surface, there is essentially no difference between the almost 4-year-old SW271 and the brand new SW271C. You get the same plastic exterior, the same chunky bezels, the same circular menu buttons, and the same 5-piece monitor hood. They both also use the same massive monitor base, which is almost comically large for a 27-inch 16:9 monitor. If I were keeping this for longer than the few weeks it took to review, I’d definitely put the SW271C on a monitor arm and save myself the desk space. The monitor supports a number of calibration devices which are needed for use with the BenQ Palette Master Element software. The devices supported includeX-Rite i1 Display Pro / i1 Pro / i1 Pro 2 & Datacolor Spyder 4 and Spyder 5‎.

SW271 | công nghệ ÍP, 99% - BenQ Màn hình nhiếp ảnh SW271 | công nghệ ÍP, 99% - BenQ

If you want to see more of your image, or need to view and edit 4K video, then this should provide a suitable solution. Once calibrated the image displays excellent colour, and viewing photographs is a pleasure. Paper Color Sync is a neat idea, and only available on the SW271C and its bigger sibling, the SW321C. It’s sort of like hardware calibration for soft proofing your prints: using a companion app, you can select your photo’s color gamut, your printer, and your photo paper, and Paper Color Sync will adjust the colors of the display at the monitor level so that you get the most accurate on-screen preview of the final printed image while you edit. The resolution of 3840x2160‎ provides plenty of working space, while text is comfortable to read with Windows font set to 125%, although you may want to increase the font size further. Update: It seems like all the issues are related to the MacOS version of Palette Master Element. After trying out the same display on my Windows PC, I was able to successfully calibrate the screen in Panel Native gamut without any issues! The white point was also being saved properly on the PC, but not on the MacOS version. If you are a Mac user, my recommendation would be to find a PC to do the initial hardware calibration. After that, connect to your Mac and perform software calibration using DisplayCAL for the best accuracy. Unfortunately, until BenQ fixes the MacOS version of the software, this is the only workaround I can think of. Where to Buy The SW271C's wide gamut support, UHD resolution, and accurate color reproduction make it a top choice for photography professionals.

This 27-inch version of BenQ's popular SW240 offers plenty of features to appeal to the professional photographer

On the one hand, there are no missing features I can point to as deal-breakers, and the monitor has passed all of our tests with flying colors. Not only does color and uniformity measure up to the marketing, but the monitor also comes with some cool creator-focused features like Paper Color Sync, support for third-party hardware calibration if you use Calman Studio or ColourSpace, and better video editing support than its predecessor. Earlier last year I had a chance to test the BenQ SW320 monitor, which turned out to be a solid choice for my photography needs. I was able to calibrate the display using both BenQ’s native Palette Master Element software and DisplayCAL, which provided me with great results at the end (you can see my calibration results in my detailed BenQ SW320 Review). I wanted to explore BenQ’s product line even further and this time I will be taking a closer look at the smaller 27″ version of the monitor, the SW271. Quite a few things have changed since last time I looked at BenQ monitors and with the most recent updates to calibration software, it seemed like I could get even more out of these wide gamut displays. Let’s take a look at what I was able to achieve with the BenQ SW271 in my environment.

BenQ US Professional Monitors for Color Experts | BenQ US

Get the latest photography news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter. Newsletter Signup Nb. Delta-E (ΔE) is the measurement of the difference between the expected or requested colour, and the actual colour measured by the calibration device. The lower this number, the better. The SW271 is supplied with modular shade which is invaluable when working in brighter situations. (Image credit: BenQ) I’d been looking for the new CS2731 to understand pricing but it appears it won’t be available in the UK until early 2020 and it’s currently only available in Japan. The monitor can swivel 45 degrees left and right, which isn't much when compared to an EIZO ColorEdge monitor, and if you regularly want to show others what's on your screen then this may feel limiting. The screen tilts down -5 degrees and up 20 degrees, and you can move it up 150-160mm.The BenQ SW271 impresses with its business style design and thin and flat bezel around the top and sides of the screen. There is a blue ring for putting the cables through. A weight of 16.4kg is quite heavy, although the stand has no problem supporting the weight, whilst offering ease of adjustment for height, tilt and orientation. The power light and on/off button isn't too bright a white.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment