276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GayBCs,The

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For many kids, this will encourage important conversations about identity and sexuality, as well as offer those who might be questioning their own identities the space to see themselves."-- Booklist The idea of the book is very appealing. As a teacher and a queer person, I think it's important that books like these exist and that kids in their early years learn about diversity and normalize it. However, I agree with previous reviewers, it's a shame that the A wasn't for asexual. Allies are important, but it's more important to give visibility to a collective that is, more often than not, ignored. the science of improving a human population by controlled breeding to increase the occurrence of desirable heritable characteristics”

The GayBCs by M.L. Webb | Goodreads

Two lesbians who parented a child through artificial insemination were giving lectures at their child’s kindergarten classroom. My daughter loved & identifies with, "L is for Lesbian. It's love and affection between two special girls who share a connection." A" IS NOT FOR "ALLY". Fellow queer folks, please, PLEASE stop the damaging erasure of asexual and aromantic people. This cute picture book covers just about every other major LGBTQIA+ identity, from nonbinary to pansexual, but still starts its alphabet with allies and ignores the existence of asexuality. I almost cried on the floor at BEA when I opened this ARC. Such a huge disappointment. The GayBCs , by first-time author M. L. Webb (Quirk Books), presents a list of LGBTQ-related words, one for each letter of the alphabet, along with short verses that teach a little about each term. Some of the words are very LGBTQ-specific, like “Lesbian,” Gay,”“Bi,”“Trans,” and “Queer.” There are also queer identities such as “Intersex,”“Pan,” and “Non-binary.” Other terms relate to LGBTQ culture (about which more below), and some are words often used in relation to the LGBTQ community, but not exclusive to us, like “Ally,”“Family,” and “Equality.” Still more are conceptual, like “Hope,”“Joy,” and “Zest.”Hence, they can learn their alphabet letters and also be discussing their sexual attraction through various terms and jingles: As more and more lesbians parent children by means of artificial insemination, the traits that many look for in the “donor” catalog are blond hair, blue eyes and taller in height.

Gay BCs of LGBT - page 1 - Publitas none - The Gay BCs of LGBT - page 1 - Publitas

With Cross Dressers Reading in Public Library s across the Nation with the complete blessing of the P/C Media. It is no surprise that a home grown Homosexual book aimed at young kids would originate in Juneau. Must Read Alaska is news of people, politics, policy, culture, and happenings in Alaska. It is edited by Suzanne Downing, who first landed in Alaska in 1969, and has called it home ever since. I think this is a great way to introduce terminology to children. It's simple, uses great pictures and makes it easy. I can honestly think of some adults who could use this book... The definitions are pretty good -- like "Bisexual" is "Someone who is attracted to more than one gender" rather than a more binary definition.I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know what was happening, and I remember being very scared and vulnerable,” he said. “I couldn’t tell anybody and ask, ‘What’s this mean?’“ The book, a first for Webb (pen name M.L. Webb), teaches LGBTQ+ vocabulary with poems and illustrations in an attempt to help readers ages 4 to 8 begin to have a dialogue about identity with their loved ones. I just thought of other little 5-year-olds who are just kind of starting to notice things and thought what would be the best thing for them that would be something that is inviting, but also something that they could use their own words to communicate. The explanations of each term vary in quality. Some feel on target, like “L is for lesbian. It’s love and affection/between two special girls who share a connection.” But an “Ally” isn’t just “A friend who is there/to stand up for you with strength, love, and care,” but rather (in this context), someone who is not LGBTQ supporting an LGBTQ person. I’d therefore suggest, “A friend who is there/Though they’re different from you, they still show they care” as closer. (One other reviewer has also noted that “Asexual” or “Ace” might have been a better choice for “A,” given the range of other LGBTQ+ identities named in the book.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment