276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tales from a Not-so-smart Miss Know-it-all (Dork Diaries)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nikki admits that her major crush on Brandon has caused RCS (Roller Coaster Syndrome). What does this mean? Have you ever had this feeling when you are around someone you have a crush on? Does it impact your ability to talk to him or her? Nikki and Brianna try selling candy bars again. First, they come across the house of an old lady who sics their cat, Tater Tot, on them. They run away and come to a bus and sell a bar to the bus driver. They also find that they are on a bus for people going to a weight-loss camp and are in need of some real food. They sell every bar to all the passengers and make enough money for Brianna's class. Perhaps they would make good business partners in the future.

Dork Diaries 5 Dork Diaries 5

Nikki is helping Brianna sell chocolate bars for her ballet class, albeit reluctantly. She and Brianna go door to door and can't sell one chocolate bar. They come to the house of a chubby man who is on a diet and trying to lose weight, and he turns them down when Brianna unintentionally insults him for his physique. They don't sell a single bar.

Nikki, Chloe, and Zoey each describe the characteristics for their ideal boyfriends. What would be the most important ingredients for your dream date? Why? Book five of Dork Diaries is one of my favorite books it brings my thoughts deep into the book and think if you haven't read it you should you will probably fell just as I fell.” So I like totally respect this book for pioneering a new sub genre I like to call: “2000’s Gothic”. You guys know southern gothic right? Well it’s just like that, but instead of the south being all grody and moldy, it’s the totally cool malls and makeup and girly aesthetic!! It just gets so over the top that it starts to seem fake and unsettles you, like you don’t even know the character whose DIARY you’re reading!! And it’s like so an excellent critique of all girls’ vapidity and phoniness, NOT!!! I actually read it as like a way the main character views the world, with herself needing such things as lip gloss or makeup to appear goodlooking for her crush or when those dreadful CCP girls use it to cover up their rotten nature, and when it fails Nikki’s little sister (a destructive force of nature, that helps sometimes) and ends up looking almost horrific (and very expensive) on her too! It’s a mask for the perceived wrongs In somebody, be they actual (CCP girls) or perceived (like on Nikki) but it can’t cover up everything, hence why the little sister ends up looking worse because of it. Just an excellent narrative device! Nikki doesn’t approach her mom about the video problem, her dad about the bug problem, or her friends about either problem. In the previous books, Nikki has also kept her problems to herself—even though her friends constantly prove loyal and helpful. Why doesn’t Nikki share her problems with others? Find three examples in the book that support your answer(s).

Dork Diaries 5 : Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All Dork Diaries 5 : Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All

OMG! Chloe exclaimed. That’s so dangerous and sneaky… and totally the BEST dare ever!! You GOTTA do it, Nikki! Several times in this book, Nikki initially discounts her friends’ assistance and then is pleasantly surprised by the help and support they offer. For example, Nikki finally shares her problem with Chloe and Zoey and feels so relieved to have their help. When Nikki finally pays attention to the gift Brandon is trying to give her, it turns out to be really sweet and helpful. Have you ever discounted a friend's assistance at first and later accepted it? What happened? How did you feel? NO SNOOPING ALLOWED!!! ) Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All, by Rachel Renée Russell. Aladdin. New York | London | Toronto | Sydney | New Delhi. Stealing Chloe’s overnight bag and raiding Zoey’s underwear drawer while they’re both busy brushing their teeth. Then suddenly a sly smirk appeared on her face. Are you SURE about that, Nikki? Requesting a truth might be A LOT easier.Namely… ME! Because if my parents find out about this stupid stunt I’m planning to pull, they’re going to KILL me!

Dork Diaries (1-14) : Rachel Renée Russell : Free Download Dork Diaries (1-14) : Rachel Renée Russell : Free Download

I was really looking forward to a brand-new year. Mainly because last year was filled with SO much drama. And the gothic atmosphere is upheld by characters who are both unhinged and have gone mad. Mr.Zimmerman is my personal favorite because he is pure insanity who helps or harms indiscriminately and it is fantastic for drumming up tension, and the little sister does the exact same thing but at home instead of school, giving Nikki no place where she is truly safe as she should be in a gothic novel. Nikki writes that she is not jealous, because “How juvenile would THAT be?!” Her denial seems a bit too passionate to be believed, though. Do you ever get jealous even though you know you shouldn’t? How do you deal? Nikki and her friends help in the library and read a lot. Throughout the Dork Diaries series, they refer to various trends in literature, film, and popular culture, like vampires, werewolves, and zombies. What is your favorite current trend? Least favorite? Why?Mr. Maxwell, dressed up and cleaned up, is going to Hollister Holdings, Inc. to talk about a business plan, much to Nikki's terror. She begs him not to go to the meeting, but he doesn't buy it and leaves. Now Nikki is scared of what will happen. I really thought that this book was an amazing book to read because, Niki (the main character) is full of gossip and a lot of mischief. I thought that both beginning and ending was awesome because in the beginning Nikki seemed that she was too shy to stand up for what she wanted. But twords the tail end of the book it ended romantically by Nikki and her crush Brandon going on a date to a pizza place. Calling her a mean girl is an understatement. She’s a DOBERMAN in lip gloss and designer jeans. And for some reason, she HATES MY GUTS!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment