276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR: A gripping psychological thriller from the no. 1 bestselling author

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lana and Roman Wade have fled the city for a little corner of paradise, exchanging their flat with its unhappy memories for a small honey-coloured house among the rolling green hills of Oxfordshire. Their new home, set in a residential Close known as The Gardens, is their dream and their new neighbours are charming. The true story of an unhappy wife who ran away. The true-crime of a happy family who lived – and so tragically died – in Lana and Roman’s new home.

My favourite character was Sandy, Lana’s photography mentor, whose loyalties and support were solid and unwavering. The house they moved to, in The Gardens, felt full of mystery and long-held secrets & mysteries. The ending left me thinking long after I finished. Lana soon makes friends with their neighbours and is warmly welcomed. She is told everyone is so happy in this corner of the world that "nobody ever leaves". If that is true then what happened to the people who lived in their house before them? And the doctor Roman is replacing in the village? If no one ever leaves, why did they? I don't regret reading this book nor did I dislike it, but I felt that there was a lot missing. There were still a lot of unanswered questions; something which I find to be one of the most frustrating weaknesses in writing, especially when the story is so promising. Lana and Roman Wade have fled the city for a little corner of paradise, exchanging their flat with it's unhappy memories for a small honey-coloured house among the calling green hills of Oxfordshire. Their new home, set in the residential close known as The Gardens, is their dream and their new neighbours are charming. So why is Lana feeling so uneasy? Lana and Roman may seem like an attractive, popular couple. But they also have a secret; a secret buried in the life they left behind, a secret they have shared with no one. The twists in this book are unexpected and absolutely jaw dropping. Tony has you questioning your every assumption, taking a breather because so much is happening and I just needed to read it, I didn't want to stop!

Select a format:

I thought the novel started off okay, I liked the concept and I had house envy, even if I had to fill myself with disbelief that anyone would be swimming in an outdoor pool in late Autumn. However, the more I read, and the longer it was drawn out, I just became bored and more incredulous.

Lana and Roman Wade have fled the city for a little corner of paradise, exchanging their flat with its unhappy memories for a small honey-coloured house among the rolling green hills of Oxfordshire. Their new home, set in a residential Close known as The Gardens, is their dream and their new neighbours are charming. So why is Lana feeling so uneasy?By the end, there were far more questions than answers and the end itself became an effort to finish. And what's worse...he killed a beloved dog with oleander! And for what? Tony Parsons strikes again with a new epic thriller... It's a nail-biter until the end!' That's Life This book really twists and turns in a way that I love. I really enjoyed this book and would not hesitate to recommend it!' The story was quite slow in parts and was difficult to get into initially. It felt more like cosy country mystery than thriller at times.

Wow, what a great book! I loved everything about it. I haven't read Tony Parson's books for a while, and I now feel like I've missed out on some great reads.' From the Number One Bestselling Crime Author, a brilliant new SHORT STORY featuring murder detective Max Wolfe who is haunted by a nightmare of his own making ...

Netgalley Approved

But their new neighbours - these charming, affluent men and women in the Gardens - have secrets of their own. Terrible secrets, unimaginable secrets that include the apparently happy family who lived - and tragically died - in Lana and Roman's new home.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment