276°
Posted 20 hours ago

WE GET BY

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Man of the matches ... Jamie Webster at a Liverpool fans meet and greet event in Boston last year. Photograph: John Powell/Liverpool FC/Getty Images Jamie Webster tops the first Official Folk Albums Chart". officialcharts.com . Retrieved 23 July 2021. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.

But following this in the album is the other song battling for my top spot which is This Place. This song is filled with nostalgia and appreciation for your home town. It is a tribute to your place of origin no matter the listener. It has similar origins to Diamonds in the Mud by Gerry Cinnamon but without the specifics towards the certain place. Webster describes the city as his heart and it reminds the listener of the impact your home town can have on a person. Webster joins the Scottish grassroots sensation Gerry Cinnamon in expanding traditional definitions of folk. (In his covers era, Webster used to perform Cinnamon’s material.) Mark Radcliffe, presenter of BBC Radio 2’s The Folk show, says: “Arguments about what is and isn’t folk are not a new thing. There are always those that want to protect the old traditions. But it’s a broad genre, and Jamie has shown folk can be a very independent endeavour. The idea of traditional folk can sometimes put people off, as it can be a hard listen. He’s making it accessible to people who probably never thought of themselves as folk fans.”Our would-be everyman’s also astute enough to understand that the whole thing is rigged against the common man, beginning a song cycle with the words of Living For Yesterday’s man-trap of avaricious consumerism, before offering the hedonism of Weekend In Paradise as the escape route from downpours, debt and drudgery. Webster’s powerful vocals and lively songs with top quality arrangements are a breath of fresh air to the current crop of potential chart success searchers. Jamie’s upbeat and vibrant album blends political and social concerns in his lyrics and crafted highly-listenable tunes.

The first song on the album is Down The Road, it gives you a clear impression of the style of music that Webster is going to grace the listener with through this album. A northern familiarity is felt where his accent is seeping through creating comfort in the music.If people in the industry did amplify my message, I know the working-class population would get behind me if they heard my songs. More people would believe they could change their circumstances, and that’s important.” Why do you think the industry is slow to support working class success stories like you, The Lottery Winners, The Reytons and Louis Dunford? Jamie Webster interview: "I'm really just trying to do my thing and make my way" ". CelebMix. 10 July 2020 . Retrieved 23 July 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment