276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jolly Foul Play: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery, 4)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Penguin presents, the unabridged, downloadable, audiobook edition of Jolly Foul Play by Robin Stevens, read by Katie Leung. Images Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape Donate Ellipses icon An illustration of text ellipses. You’ll never guess what happened – or perhaps you will, because I think it really is true what you said once, that mystery follows us around. It's a carefully-observed, well-written dynamic, and while I find it uncomfortable -- particularly as I have been, as Hazel is, the only non-white immigrant girl in a girls' public school -- I absolutely appreciate how well it's been done.

She went to university, where she studied crime fiction, and then she worked at a children's publisher.Bardzo ciekawym zabiegiem było również wprowadzenie samego wątku powrotu do domu Hazel, przez co dziewczyna w końcu przestaje być popychadłem Daisy - mam nadzieję, że to nie spojler. Die Autorin sagt zwar im Nachwort, dass sie ein paar Dinge anpassen musste, aber im großen und ganzen sich an die Tatsachen gehalten hat, die sie aus ihren persönlichen Quellen erfahren hat. Das Verbrechen betrifft ja dieses Mal Hazels Familie, deren Zusammenstellung schon etwas ungewöhnlich ist. This seemed much more grown-up than the prior books (as befits its aging protagonists, I suppose), and the new setting of Hong Kong and a much greater prominence for Hazel certainly helps. Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong try to solve a murder of the Head Girl, Elizabeth Hurst, on Bonfire Night.

It just tires me out, I wish she would just let Hazel take the spotlight for once without complaining about it. When Hazel Wong's beloved grandfather passes away, Daisy Wells is all too happy to accompany her friend (and Detective Society Vice President) to Hazel's family estate in beautiful, bustling Hong Kong. Daisy and Hazel think baby Teddy is enough to deal with, but as always the girls are never far from a mystery.

When she was twelve, her father handed her a copy of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and she realised that she wanted to be either Hercule Poirot or Agatha Christie when she grew up. Gerade für das Lesealter ist ein wirklich interessanter Einblick in die Traditionen von China, die hier immer wieder in Details eingeflossen sind und erklärt wurden. And not only that, but also to read about the delicious foods (though I am not too sure about the chicken legs, but anything else is fair game to try out). Hazel's grandfather has died, and though she will miss the funeral (travel by ship from England to Hong Kong does take awhile), she will be there to mourn with her family.

There’s a new Head Girl, Elizabeth Hurst, and a team of Prefects – and these bullying Big Girls are certainly not good eggs. But when they arrive they discover something they didn't expect: there's a new member of the Wong family.Erzählt wird ja wieder aus der Sicht von Hazel, die Schriftführerin der Detektei, und man merkt wie sie auflebt, jetzt, da sie selbst mal im Mittelpunkt steht. Książka „Zabrodnia na receptę” jest równie wspaniała, co inne tomy z serii „Zbrodnia niezbyt elegancka” (przynajmniej te, które czytałam). I had read the first in this series, Murder Most Unladylike, back in 2016, and thought it was ok but not overwhelming.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment