276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mallenders & Sallenders Cream 500ml (Farriers Original M&S Cream) Wound Treatment for Broken Skin. Sore Leg Cream. Antibacterial & Antifungal.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I will try the brewers yeast too. I had wondered about feeding her oil, although she is difficult to keep the weight off so this might be a problem. What about topical treatments? If your horse has these conditions, what treatment do you use? Do you worry about photosensitivity when using oils and greases? Pro Equine Groom: Chestnuts and Ergots https://www.proequinegrooms.com/tips/grooming/chestnuts-and-ergots Ivermectin and Doramectin, both active ingredients in wormers, as well as Fipronil which is in flea products, are all options which may be used to treat feather mites. Pig oil and sulphur is a traditional treatment which may also help. Clipping feathers off can help with applying treatments but is unlikely to resolve the issue on its own. Mallanders and sallenders treatment The term mallenders covers a variety of skin conditions that are actually known as tether dermatitis. It can be caused by a variety of bacteria that thrive primarily in muddy, wet conditions.

feed a supplement to promote moisture in the skin and coat. She recommended mirra-coat, of which I found possibly the last 2 tubs in the whole of the UK and bought them yesterday. I notice that it contains biotin.If in doubt, it is best to always seek veterinary advice! It is better to ask once too often than once too little.

Meddi Mudis great for horses that are turned out, as it treats the scabs and protects the skin from further damage. While there is no known cure, these conditions can be treated and managed. Treatment can vary depending on severity and owner preferences. Wash the AreaDo supplements help? Many people give supplements. I have a supplement for Sid from Forage Plus, the Summer Skin Balancer. Do you have a view on whether a supplement helps? Itching, stamping and rubbing are all common symptoms which are caused by the irritation of the mites feeding and crawling on the horse’s skin.

I use Cetreban cream on them and I can usually keep on top of them with this, I rub it in well so that the scabs are loosened and then comb them out. He normally lets me do this as long as he has a haynet. Often, attempts to remove the mallanders and sallanders in horses can do more harm than good. Usually, they are just unsightly but in some more extreme cases, they can become infected. Trying to keep them soft by using aqueous based creams can be beneficial if they are prone to becoming chapped. Link to nutrition never wash his feathers unless I absolutely have to ( @Cortrasna, you were right!). If I absolutely have to, use an animal shampoo such as Malaseb, never a human medicated shampoo Gracie gets mallenders a little from time to time and in her case I'm convinced it is exacerbated by what she consumes. I don't feed her anything that contains biotin (which is why I went for the FP balancer) and it's definitely worse when she eats lots of sugary grass. She's been muzzled this spring/summer so far and all I've seen is a bit of greasy dandruff in her feather, she doesn't seem to have any sores this time And she's not stamping her feet at all either.

Athletes foot powder cut with mud fever powder - I came across this mixture by accident but it did work. I also added wood flour or normal talc to make it go a bit further. I put this on before he went out in the morning. Head and shoulders shampoo - yes this is really good on scurfy skin. Do a patch test first though as it’s quite a harsh shampoo. Fortunately, this little-known condition doesn’t affect a large number of horses. While there is no way to effectively prevent mallenders and sallenders, it can be treated and managed. Always consult your veterinarian to confirm diagnosis and put together an effective treatment plan that will work for you and your horse. Yesterday I smothered sudocream over most of his bottom and last night there was a white bottom shaped print in the field where he had sat down to scratch. Feel awful. Mallenders & Sallenders, what? Most horse people have never heard of these funny sounding and antiquated names, and unless you have a Gypsy, Shire, Drum, Friesian or horse with heavy feather, you're likely to never see it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment