276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Warriors of God: 2 (The Hussite Trilogy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On medieval Christian maps, the area around Jerusalem was depicted as the center of the world both geographically and spiritually. In some sense, it still is the center of the world—a trouble spot through which trade routes pass and around which religious disputes have been fought for centuries upon centuries. The phrase “the clash of civilizations” is popular among right-wing thinkers today to describe the conflict between the West and Islam. Would it be unfair to call the Templars a sort of Christian version of ISIS? Hebrews 13:6 – So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” Wound into this incredible story is the most extraordinary myth, legend, and symbolism that still captures people’s imaginations today and did so even at the time of the Templars! In the 13th century, the German poet Wolfram von Eschenbach placed the Templars at the heart of his King Arthur story, Parzival, as the defenders of the Holy Grail. They symbolize something exotic, strange, and mysterious, which is both alien and tantalizingly familiar to us today. Maintain your attention on Christ, who both started and finished this race we’re in. Learn from his way. He can keep putting up with almost anything—cross, shame, whatever along the way—because he never let go of his goal, and now he stands next to God on the throne of glory.” A very informative, revealing and well-researched book. The bibliography begs for much further reading.

A ripping yarn delivered with world-weary wit, bursting at the seams with sex, death, magic and madness." --Joe Abercrombie Zechariah 10:6 – “I will strengthen Judah and save the tribes of Joseph. I will restore them because I have compassion on them. They will be as though I had not rejected them, for I am the Lord their God and I will answer them.” Unfortunately, the tone can be a little flip at times; the the historical, cultural and political context could have been developed more; and the treatment of the two sides sometimes seems skewed in Saladin’s favor. There are no footnotes, he seems to accept the sources without question, and Reston uses dialogue that comes off as imagined. Some parts of the book read like a sensational movie script (at one point Reston writes of Richard arriving on shore carrying a sword and crossbow in both hands, even though we only know he used both weapons in one day of battle) He makes odd comparisons to Navy SEALs. Reston also seems to dwell more than necessary on his theories about Richard’s alleged homosexuality, which he seems to treat as established fact at times, and presents in a way that doesn’t always make much sense. Reston condemns Richard’s atrocities in one part of the book, but has nothing to say about those on the other side. For some reason Balian of Ibelin is almost completely ignored. Also at one point he writes that Henry II, Eleanor, and Alais "raged at one another, as we know from the modern play The Lion in Winter," even though that story is fiction. At one point Baldwin V is called Baldwin IV’s son, even though he was a nephew. Reston also seems puzzled by Richard’s decision to avoid a siege of Jerusalem and withdraw to Jaffa; he does not cover Richard’s own rationale that he was too extended from his supply base and that most of his men would go home after a victory rather than remaining behind to occupy the city. Reston also seems to find it absurd that Richard would start a campaign against Cairo, even though so many other crusaders did the same thing after Richard’s. He also seems to portray the war as one of Muslim resistance to foreign invasion, even though Saladin and his main commanders weren’t even from the Holy Land, and not all of the inhabitants were Muslim. What about being a warrior for the Lord? We often think of a warrior as someone in the military fighting a battle but being a warrior for the Lord involves a spiritual battle. The Apostle Paul writes about this spiritual battle in Ephesians. Paul calls us to depend on the Lord and to put on His spiritual armor. Sapkowski's energetic and satirical prose as well as the unconventional setting makes this a highly enjoyable historical fantasy.” —BooklistCước, the protector of coastal settlements. Legend has it that he split himself in two with his axe, each half guards coastal villages against sea ogres. Anat, also known as Anath was a goddess of fertility, sexuality, love, and war. She was the sister of Baal He also seems to be inordinately fixated on Richard’s alleged homosexuality (“Richard himself, in all the glory of his masculinity and homosexuality, called the Griffones “effeminate”.”) and his supposed affair with his fellow Crusader/ nemesis Philip II of France. Brief googling reveals that there is no consensus between historians regarding the first allegation, and hardly any evidence to support the latter. To analyze any interaction between Richard and Philip through the angle of this imaginary affair is misleading, as well as annoying.

The accusations leveled against them accord to the modern shorthand of “fake news.” They took aspects of Templar life—for example, the Kiss of Peace—and magnified them into incidences of deviance and sexual impropriety. The pacing I felt was also really well handled. From being snowed in at a tavern for an entire winter passing in just a few paragraphs, to the long journeys spanning multiple chapters in which we experienced almost every moment - jumping between these two very different paces felt very smooth and natural, which impressed me greatly. Remember when Jesus was tempted in the desert? He resisted the devil,fought him with the Word of God—with Truth—and the enemy had no way of winning against Him. But it is also important to remember that the enemy attempted to battle Jesus WITH the Word. Yet, because Jesus is the Word and because He battled as a warrior of God—with Godly wisdom—nothing the enemy tried to do to twist God’s Word worked. A true warrior of God has the Holy Spiritinside of them, guiding them in His Word, so that they can battle with God’s Word as Jesus did… Even as I write this, I want to be a better warrior for the Lord. Maybe you feel the same way. The good news is the Lord is in the business of encouraging His children so they can fulfill the plans He has for them. Being a warrior for the Lord involves prayer. Trần Hưng Đạo, is the national hero of the Vietnamese people, after his death he was honored as the god of exorcism and the god of war.God’s plan for your life and future is much bigger than your difficulties. When things get rough, don’t consider giving up. Approach Jesus. Have a meaningful talk with Him through prayer. Remain focused on Him! What Does Being A Warrior Of God Look Like Today? Idis (Germanic)/itis/ides, the West Germanic cognates of North Germanic dís, they are connected with battle magic and fettering enemy armies

Zhao Lang ( Zhao Gongming), God of Military Fortune, Guardian of Celestial Palace, Protector of Households Mars, god of war and agriculture, equivalent to Ares as far as being war gods; aside from this they have very little in common Now, the Word says in Matthew 5:9, “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.” This Scripture is entirely true, but once we better understand what a warrior of God does, we realize that this Scripture does not nullify that position. For a warrior of God is not a person who seeks out conflict, nor do they fight every battle they see. They listen to the Holy Spirit so that they know when they are to fight and when they are not. Spiritual positioning is their center of operations. Isaiah 43:2 – When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Zorya Utrennyaya, goddess of the morning star, sometimes depicted as a warrior goddess who protected men in battleWhen reading "Warriors of God", I was quite surprised to see some developments - especially in the dynamics of some characters. Reynevan here, for instance, is more serious, mature and battered by life. And the dynamics within his group had changed, too, one of the indicators being others taking out crap on him so much more rarely than before. Perhaps one should not be surprising - afterall, Reynevan had survived two years among religious fanatics, many of them totally rabid about their beliefs. Mandarangan: the Bagobo war deity married to Darago and resides at the top of Mount Apo. Human sacrifices made to him are rewarded with health, valour in war, and success in the pursuit of wealth. [16] So what happens? Well, Reynevan decides to help his friend Samson, however, he discovers quite soon that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Especially when one finds himself in the turmoil of religious wars, discovers that he is still persecuted, and finds himself a tool for political intrigues. And yet, his transformation is not over yet. While one is tempted to get irritated about Reynevan blathering on his perceived truths, there are others whose blathering is so much worse. More so, one at least knows Reynevan believes in some of the crap he is talking. Plus, it is safer to play Roman when in Rome. So all in all, I was way less annoyed by Reynevan than before. Titus 3:5 – He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment