276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lian-Li LANCOOL 215 Midi-Tower - ARGB, Tempered Glass, schwarz

£10.94£21.88Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The rear exhaust slot only supports 120mm fans due to the narrow footprint of the case, but the rear fan can be adjusted up or down by 3cm. Fans were running at full speed when attached to the header and I had to move them to the motherboard to get them to run slower and quiet down.

I’m uncertain as to the effectiveness of the rear fan in this use case, as it would be positioned right above the Power Supply and have very little space for air flow. At the front, users can opt for either additional three 120mm fans or a 360mm radiator with fan combo of up to 70mm thick (without interfering with the two 200mm front-mounted fans), and at the top, up to two 140mm fans or a 280mm radiator with fan combo of up to 55mm thick, as well as two 120mm fans above the PSU shroud for improved ventilation of the GPU. Like the look of the front fans, the case has dropped the temps on all my components and runs almost silent.The lid is equipped with a magnetic dust filter, the dust filter under the power supply is in a slot. One other thing I noticed during pre-build inspection of the chassis is that there is a lot of the chassis’ frame blocking airflow behind those two front fans. Lian Li’s own Lancool II Mesh takes a similar approach with fan mounts on top of the shroud, but it has both more room for airflow underneath the case and plenty of ventilation along one side of the shroud. Most cases have gotten to the point that it’s not a problem to open them up and blow them out with some compressed air.

It does not sit quite flush at the front edge and because of the frames design light spills out the gap between the glass and the front panel. The keyboard and mouse section (when selected), is positioned securely in a compartment underneath the computer.

They work well for their intended purpose, but they also form a skirt around the edges of the case that restricts airflow. But the parts I received were perfect and delivered very well in great packaging and it wasn't too expensive.

The fact that there’s no separate filter behind the front panel’s mesh surface means that the front panel will rarely need to be removed for cleaning.

Users have the option to build their system with air cooling or water cooling, as the LANCOOL 215 offers a wide array of configurations.

Part of the 215’s disadvantage next to something like the Lancool II Mesh may be the case’s relative narrowness--the cooler on the GPU we use for case testing is both extremely wide and exhausts air out to the side, so that the extra centimeter of clearance in the L2M between the glass side panel and GPU offers a real advantage. This means that any fans you plug into the hub will spin at their highest rpm unless you use low noise resistors to cut the voltage. With plenty of space for high-performance hardware configurations built-in, the LANCOOL 215 supports motherboards up to E-ATX. drives, as is standard for mid towers these days, but it’s just a single bay that slots into the bottom of the case. This sleek PC case supports one 360 or 280mm radiator on the front and one 240mm or 280mm radiator on the top.The top of the case is 6cm above the top edge of the motherboard, which is the effective limit for combined radiator and fan thickness--Lian Li’s spec sheet claims a conservative 55mm. Include top and bottom honeycomb filtered vents, wide fan/radiator combination support, and multiple cable management solutions for the DIY users to fit their configuration.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment